Female eastern tiger swallowtail

benlonghair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken this afternoon. C&C always welcome.

Female Eastern tiger swallowtail (Yellow form) (Papilio glaucus)

4783960423_34c15d2086_b.jpg

300mm | f/5.6 | 1/200sec. | ISO 400 | Flash fired
Original Size

Hey, benlonghair, not a bad shot. It's too bad the flowers behind her are not more oof. that could easily be fixed with some blurring in pp. I like the movement of the stems from lower left to upper right.

Too bad that beetle is there, kinda hides the face of the butterfly.

Nice shot. But yah I agree with benlonghair the flowers could pop a little bit more.

Hey, benlonghair, not a bad shot. It's too bad the flowers behind her are not more oof. that could easily be fixed with some blurring in pp. I like the movement of the stems from lower left to upper right.

Too bad that beetle is there, kinda hides the face of the butterfly.

hahaha:lol:

I would crop to 1:1 & get rid of the upper part. Too bad she is not open showing the great colour on the other side of her wings.

Actually, she had almost no color. I mean there was black and blue, but no yellow as I would have expected. She was also missing one of her tails. Here's a shot a few seconds earlier. Very down and dirty PP.

4788417067_4259a9ffdb_b.jpg

Notice That there's bright yellow pollen on her back, plus yellow spots down near the tail. The blue is fairly solid as well. She's just oddly colored, very pale yellow. Here's the Wikipedia illustration of their color patterns. I'm nearly 100% sure I haven't got the ID wrong.

I'm glad the irony wasn't completely lost.

Here's a different crop with some cloning going on to get the wing away from the pink flower above and removing the bug in the flower. What do you think?

4791093251_a4d56b4fa6_b.jpg

Looks good with the tighter crop Ben.

You got good blues on your open shot, much more than I got on this one taken a couple years ago with my Power Shot S5.

IMG_0614m.jpg

Looks good with the tighter crop Ben.

You got good blues on your open shot, much more than I got on this one taken a couple years ago with my Power Shot S5.

Thanks, Ron. These are two of over 200 shots over the course of about an hour. I've got maybe two others that I might give a shot at editing.

The reason yours doesn't have any blue is because it's a male. Above I posted the wikipedia link to the female, here's the male.

Most reactions

Back