Fenced in Flower...

rmh159

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok... here's my first submission for a pic to critique. I'm hoping for some brutally honest feedback... I've got thick skin. ;) If there's any specific "issue" I'm looking for help in it's composition and colors. I'm also wondering if the flower needs more detail or if it looks too blown-out.

Fenced%20In.jpg

Your instincts are correct: the flower is too blown. I like your idea here - the delicate flower against the metal. But since the flower is so crucial to the image in order for the viewer to feel its delicacy, it needs to be perfectly exposed, and it appears overexposed.

There's a lot of other things in the image that are causing it to be a bit cluttered - you might want to really open up your lens here, and reduce your depth of field. Try a couple of different angles, too.

Is this an area where you can get to, so you can go try again? I think you are onto something and could end up with a very strong image. :)

I really like the idea for this picture, personally I think it is slightly overexposed, but I think the colours are fantastic, Also if I were you I would have gotten rid of that blade of grass on the right, maybe it's just me being weird but I find it the tinyist bit distracting hehe. Very nice shot, the idea is great. :)

I agree it is overexposed...I would like to see this photo taken at dusk, not only would you have a more delicate appearance to the flower, but it would stand out from whatevers behind the fence as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back