Ferris Wheel

errant_star

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jenkanderson.com
Haven't had much time to check in around here lately but have a little bit of free time today ... so here goes.

Okay, this was shot today at the local fair ... I was trying a new compostion on a very typical ferris wheel.

I'm looking for critique on the compostion, the black and white conversion and anything else that stands out for anyone ... good or bad.

Lens Tamron 18-200
Focal Length Around 100
Shutter Speed 1/125
Aperture Value 13.0
ISO Speed 100

ferris_wheel.sized.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D

I like the take on the ferris wheel. The shot is well composed and the exposure and or conversion is on point. I think I am a little bummed that not all the seats are filled. You will have to tell us why you chose BW over colour.

been me, i would add a bit more space on the left and increase the contrast just a hair. wonderful capture Jen!

thanks for your responses guys.

craig ... this is a small town fair and that seat was the only one on the entire ferris wheel that was filled. I actually shot this with the intention of the conversion to black and white and I like the texture of the clouds in b&w.

Karalee ... I like the one chair as well.

JonMikal ... i would if I could ... but it was just the one shot I got and it's as is :confused: will I never learn? :mrgreen:

errant_star said:
JonMikal ... i would if I could ... but it was just the one shot I got and it's as is :confused: will I never learn? :mrgreen:

you can easily add it in PS if you felt it was needed.

I really like this. I like the composition and what I read into it is that the lack of people in the later seats shows the decline of old fashioned style entertainment.

But thats just my reading. Great conversion/exposure. Superb shot ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back