Few action car pics from this weekend's autox

Nytmair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.km3k.com
For those who don't know what autox is...it's basically driving around an open parking lot in a certain course around cones... check out www.wny-scca.com for more information about my local organization.

Anyways, I went to the event held on 4/25 and snapped a LOT of pics, here's a few of them, i was really working on getting the background blury to give the picture a sense of motion and speed :)

23_G.jpg

28_G.jpg

29_G.jpg

26_G.jpg

Also, i know these are all very similar since i took them from the same area....next event I am going to walk to all different areas of the course to get various perspectives.

What do you think? Any suggestions to improve my techniques?? Thanks!!

-Dan :)

Cool! You've got some panning going there, which is neat. Have you tried a slower shutter to blur out the background more? It can be tricky, but it can really pay off. You may also want to do more when then are facing you a little bit more, rather than after they have passed.

A friend of mine races his '96 Mystic Cobra here in Rochester. You may have met if you've been to a combined event. He's done some mods recently, and I think he pulled a first place last season. He tends to do really well.

Sucky that it rained yesterday.

Nope, i can't say that i've met him. Haven't been to any rochester events, but I think i might be going to the one on Sunday. not sure yet. and thanks for the comment, i defiantely am going to try and ton of different angles next time i go :)

Nytmair said:
Nope, i can't say that i've met him. Haven't been to any rochester events, but I think i might be going to the one on Sunday. not sure yet. and thanks for the comment, i defiantely am going to try and ton of different angles next time i go :)
Oh weird. Two weeks in a row. They had a meet here yesterday. I may be going to the next one to take pics then. I don't know if Mike will be in town for that one, but I think so.

If you are driving in, let me know. We can meet up and take shots together.

Nytmair said:
organization.

Anyways, I went to the event held on 4/25 and snapped a LOT of pics, here's a few of them, i was really working on getting the background blury to give the picture a sense of motion and speed :)

28_G.jpg

-Dan :)

:cokespit: That there's my (realistic) dream car...

I really like what you were doing with the reflection of the car in the water, I don't know if it was intentional or not...?

at first it wasn't intentional, but it was on that pic...after i noticed it i tried to get that reflection for a bunch of other pics too

and yeah...that's a nice car :)

I'm ignorant. Whats autox? Is it a car race? Test drives??

These're great action shots, and I like the panning! The one thing I would suggest is to try to vary the angles (like you said you're going to try) and get different views--low angle, oncoming, high angle, etc. Also, try different crops--all these have the car dead-center in the middle of the frame. After the 2nd one I was just rolling the scroll bar down because they all looked so similar (even with different cars).

danalec99 said:
I'm ignorant. Whats autox? Is it a car race? Test drives??

basically there is a coourse laid out using cones to tell you where you go, and you try to drive through the course as fast as you can. from what i've learned, it's less about beating other's people's times, and it's more about challenging yourself, getting a better feel for your car, challenging yourself to go faster, and push harder

Most reactions

Back