Few more noob shots to CnC

IMHO, the reason for my belief that the tree should be cloned-out is that it is a distraction from the real subject. I feel as though the "tulips" should stay to give the photo a little depth but the tree really doesn't do anything for the photo, again this is IMHO. As for the cloning-out of the tree, it shouldn't be a huge endeavor. Here is my version:

spaceneedle.jpg

Time to clone-out: 3 minutes 15 seconds....(total time of completion also counts time to open photo and save it)

Of course, it is more time-consuming if you want to look professional at it...but I'm lazy so this edit is what I did...

how did you get the tulips so red? please share any pp tips!!

This doesn't help with color, but I made a copy of this into another layer, used gaussian blur and then used overlay for blending mode.

I messed around with the "Shadow/Highlight" image adjustment tool (photoshop cs4) to give a little "oomph"....that clone job is horrible but like I said earlier, I'm lazy. And you can really tell the downside of editing jpegs (which is a lossy format) in the upper-right of the photo. sovietdoc most likely edited it somewhat, which lost information and then I edited it which made it lose even more...if we were to go on editing back and forth (he edits, i then edit his edit, and you edit my edit, and someone else edits your edit, and so on and so on), the photo would look distinctly like a mass of sewer rats devouring their very essence in the black of the night, or something.

Side note:
When working on a photo in an editor (I use PS CS4), make a copy of the background layer, turn off the original layer and only work from the copy...that way if you screw up as I often do...then you have something to still work from...of course you could just not save and re-open the image again but then if all those hours working on that perfect look ends in a power outage...well, you're outta luck...to be extra safe, simply work on a copy of the original image and do the same with the layers...that way you always have something to fall back on...

Last edited:
space needle!! i live near seattle too :D

#2 is my favorite. I always enjoy going up the space needle. been up there a lot. good food on top :) i think #1 would look even better w/o the treee

Yeah, someone did clone-out the tree.. Thanks for the replies.

Most reactions

Back