Few pics from my holiday in spain

.::joe::.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I no there not great im still useing the 18-55mm lens want to upgrade but have no idea what im after..

here goes, no pics were edited, would not no what to edit... lol

6536_114488346943_639531943_2898390_3305863_n.jpg

6536_114488386943_639531943_2898398_4079758_n.jpg

6536_114488311943_639531943_2898383_2834807_n.jpg

Nice series. I like how you composed that first one, looking down the breakwall like that and getting the row of palms and the rows of umbrellas/chairs parallel.

I no there not great im still useing the 18-55mm lens want to upgrade but have no idea what im after..

I know kit lenses often get bashed, but don't be under the misconception that a kit lens can't take a good shot. Simply throwing better quality glass on your camera won't make much of a difference unless you have a good knowledge of how to get your exposure right. The shots you have here aren't bad, but they have the typical "straight off the camera" look which lacks saturation, contrast and just look bland/washed out. A simple contrast boost would make these photos pop much more and is a very easy adjustment to make regardless of your editing program. You can probably even do it in camera with the retouching option.

Another bit of advice you will find out: shoot when the sun is lower so your lighting is softer. Shooting mid-day gives you harsh shadows and washed colors, both of which can make a photo look worse than if taken during the evening or early morning.

I know kit lenses often get bashed, but don't be under the misconception that a kit lens can't take a good shot. Simply throwing better quality glass on your camera won't make much of a difference unless you have a good knowledge of how to get your exposure right. The shots you have here aren't bad, but they have the typical "straight off the camera" look which lacks saturation, contrast and just look bland/washed out. A simple contrast boost would make these photos pop much more and is a very easy adjustment to make regardless of your editing program. You can probably even do it in camera with the retouching option.

Another bit of advice you will find out: shoot when the sun is lower so your lighting is softer. Shooting mid-day gives you harsh shadows and washed colors, both of which can make a photo look worse than if taken during the evening or early morning.

Thankyou for the comments, i may try and photoshop the pic with contrast..

i dont think my camera has the settings with retouching option on it

but thankyou for your comments really helps out

Most reactions

New Topics

Back