Few pictures of my city

Matt Glick

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Portland, OR. Taken with my ancient Nikon D70.

15426873853_21feb34863_k.jpg
15860481469_12d4210b85_k.jpg

14578_10204419400420722_2587914461500154771_n.jpg

Last edited:
I like the idea I'm seeing, but I think that the conditions are not ideal for your cityscape. Try a night shot or sunset/sunrise and use the reflection of still water to your advantage. The light is simply too flat in these shots. They are missing a magical element (golden light, sunrise/sunset colors, fog, etc.).

I love Portland. Actually, both Portlands are pretty great but I'd put Portland OR over Portland ME. Your Portland is such a great city if you're on foot. And any city that has a river that runs through it is special. Let's see more of your work--keep posting!

I like the idea I'm seeing, but I think that the conditions are not ideal for your cityscape. Try a night shot or sunset/sunrise and use the reflection of still water to your advantage. The light is simply too flat in these shots. They are missing a magical element (golden light, sunrise/sunset colors, fog, etc.).

Thanks for the suggestions. The originals I posted were right off the memory card. I did some light ps work to brighten things up a bit. These are definitely my least proud shots, but just wanted to get some day time cityscapes out there.

I like to think of my first shots of a subject or idea as first drafts. I will return to the same locations over and over again, and the shots will become more refined each time as my knowledge of the location improves.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back