Few Questions on Starting a "Business"

My writing skills are actually pretty good, I just don't care too much about them when on an internet forum. I have seen people get bashed for saying that but when I am on here, I am not trying to be grammatically correct more so than being somewhat quick with my posts as T don't always have time to proof-read what I type.

I will use proper writing skills when addressing clients and on things people will see. I'm not going to put "Come to me and get ur pic taken lol" But I see what you're saying.

I think through this thread alone, I have answered some of your "home work assignments" I plan on taking photos of bands and senior portraits/other portraits and possibly selling prints of what I shoot in my spare time. When shooting for bands, I most likely will be dealing with the bands themselves. Not many bands have managers, and if they do, they are usually big and have access to great photographers. Just because they are in a band and have tattoos and piercings does not mean that it's OK to be unprofessional. They are spending their money just like anyone else would be. Yes, I could be a little relaxed with them because I know almost all of the musicians in the local "scene". The other client who would be doing the actual purchasing would most likely be a parent of the senior, who I would be nice and cordial to. To me, there is not a huge difference in dealing with the two. It's not like band members are all rowdy punks. Most of them are actually nice kids.

Being 19, I have a bit of time to really decide if i want to make it a full time business thing or not. I appreciate you taking your time to respond to my post. I know there is way more to starting a business then what it seems but hey, I don't mind learning something new. If you don't try, you can never succeed.

Thanks again,
Tyler

Most reactions

Back