Few questions

rph105

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post, just this week I've got really interested in photography its an art in itself and a beautiful profession.

Friend of mine has a studio up where I live and on the weekends he said I can practice, although he's not there on the weekends and therefore unable to help me out.

What I'd like to do to practice is a clothing photo shoot you know like you see in magazines, not with any models but mannequins to start with on a white backdrop. I've got a Canon EOS 400D and the lighting is going to be available for me to use, how would one set up a scene (if that's what you call it) and how could I learn how to use the lighting effectively.

I eventually want to be able to remove the backdrop leaving simply a white background and then touch up the clothes and mirror how clothes are shown in clothing catalogues. Any advice, links, tutorials, or direction will be much appreciated.

Also does anyone know how when I take a photo for it to appear directly on my laptop, I'm using a MacBook Pro with Photoshop, I've seen a few people do this it looks cool and enables me to check the image.

Thanks again

Raph

http://www.strobist.blogspot.com/ will get you setup on the lighting thing. Make sure to click on the lighting 101 on the right. It's kinda hard to sum something up on a post like that. As for getting the images on your laptop, if your camera came with all the stuff that mine did (I think yours is two models up from mine) it should have came with 2 CDs and a cable. If you install the software on the first CD then check out the manuals on the second CD - it'll walk you through it. If your camera isn't like mine at all.... ignore this post :lol: ;)

Most reactions

Back