Few Questions...!

slvr92

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,

Well, as you all can see, I'm pretty new to this forum. I have never taken interest into photography until the past few months. Today, I was looking into my dad's cabinet and a found a Nikon N50 laying around there. So I thought I'd take it out and see what it's like. While taking it out though, holding the camera by the battery grip, it felt there was a sticky residue. I don't exactly know if this is the correct sub-forum to ask this question, but if it isn't, would you guys please re-direct me to the correct sub-forum?

Anyways, please and thank you if you guys can help me out with what I can do.

-slvr92

Try cleaning it off with baby wipes. Those things get anything off a smooth surface. Just be sure not to let too much of the liquid on the wipes seep around and (HORROR) into the camera. Post any further questions. And welcome to the group.

Actually, I solved the problem with alcohol wipes right after I posted this up. What happened was that, I think my dad had left the camera in the bag for too long or something was wrong with the battery grip. I unscrewed it, took it off and started rubbing it away. I believe it was a rubber residue that was once the grip for the camera.

Actually, I solved the problem with alcohol wipes right after I posted this up. What happened was that, I think my dad had left the camera in the bag for too long or something was wrong with the battery grip. I unscrewed it, took it off and started rubbing it away. I believe it was a rubber residue that was once the grip for the camera.

That sounds like adheasive for a letherette or something of that nature, but you got it cleaned up so Hello and welcome aboard.

I figured it would be something like that. But I'm glad you figured it out so easily. Now get out there and burn some film. NO, PUT AWAY THAT MATCH! NOT WHAT I MEANT!

Will do! Going to head out to Best Buys tomorrow morning and grab a few rolls of films. What kind of films do you guys suggest?

Well...I shoot whatever I can get my greedy little fingers on, Mostly Fuji Superia 800 but Fujis Commercial 200 film has some very nice results.

I can provide tons of samples ifins you like.

Well...I shoot whatever I can get my greedy little fingers on, Mostly Fuji Superia 800 but Fujis Commercial 200 film has some very nice results.

I can provide tons of samples ifins you like.

Sounds great if you can provide me some samples with those Fuji films you've suggested. My dad uses Kodak most of the time so I wouldn't exactly know which films would be good quality or bad quality. Films are just films from what I thought in my head. :lmao:

Sounds great if you can provide me some samples with those Fuji films you've suggested. My dad uses Kodak most of the time so I wouldn't exactly know which films would be good quality or bad quality. Films are just films from what I thought in my head. :lmao:

taken with:

Fuji 200

Fuji 400

Fuji 800

Fuji 1000 (Not exactly off the store shelf)

I have shot some Kodak but I have not shot it in some time due to availibility and whatnot so most of them are old, they predate my marking film in the image designations so I am not sure what they are. I do howeve have some new Kodak 800 waiting to be picked up from processing, and should have some examples from that in a couple days. But for not here are the Fuji films I have shot. The 1000 is not a consumer film, you are not going to find that but I posted it anyway.

From what I'm seeing in those 3 rolls of Fuji films excluding the 1000, there's a small difference between the color contrast of the pictures. I'll probably go grab some Fuji 200's tomorrow if there is any.

The thing is that, I've been messing around with my Nikon N50 and it's bugging the hell out of me not knowing what to do. When I point the camera at an object about 5 inches while on the Close-Up Program, it doesn't want to take a picture. When I point it out a bit more, the in-focus indicator blinks and finally snaps the shot.

I'm looking at the manual from here : Nikon N50 instruction manual, user manual, PDF manual, free manuals

That's the original manual because I couldn't find my own manual that came with the camera. I guess I'm just really confused on the correct settings for the aperture and shutter speed.

Well the answer to that one is simple. you are too close. Everey lens has a minimum focusing distance, if you are to close it can not focus.

Eek, that should have been common sense to me, but thanks! Anyways, I've also figured out the exposure meter... + means overly exposure - means not enough exposure and O to be correctly exposure. Thing is though, there's also an AE-L which stands for auto exposure lock. If I get the correct exposure from another angle, and hold onto the AE-L, then point it at the picture I want to take, will that be fine?

It should, in theroy. I don't use AE lock so I do not really know just how complicated it really is but, Say you have a backlight model where the light is casting shadows over her face, You can meter for her face and use the AE-L and backup and expose for the models face instead of the average...If that made any sence.

It should, in theroy. I don't use AE lock so I do not really know just how complicated it really is but, Say you have a backlight model where the light is casting shadows over her face, You can meter for her face and use the AE-L and backup and expose for the models face instead of the average...If that made any sence.

Ah not really. Sorry! Well, today I went out to Wal-Mart and bought myself Fujifilm 400. I'm going to be going out tomorrow night (12/23/08) and bring my camera along since I'll be at this "Christmas in the Park" in San Jose. I'm still not used to all the settings so what should I do? Should I put it in simple mode and just take pictures, adjusting only the exposure? Or should I put it in advanced mode which I don't know what I'll be doing with shutter speed and aperture?

Most reactions

Back