Few shots I tried today! C&C Please...

MrsB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I didn't edit any of them yet. C&C away......tks :)

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

The first one is pretty nice. The last two leave a lot to be desired. The use of what looks like on camera flash kills the shots for me. The last shot should be symmetrical in spacing of the faucet head and change the crop to get rid of the handle. Thats just my two cents anyway.

The first one is ok, but it's not that sharp. The second one is a nice composition, but it's way to dark.

Wish you didnt cut off the dogs nose in the first one...I like the second; but yea its way to dark

The droplets on the second one look great - very cool, too bad the rest of the picture is so under exposed.

Thanks guys.

Yes, I new that the flash would kill it, but I was having a very hard time getting anything without it...well, so far at least, while I learn how to actual shoot manual.

I played around a bit, thought: 'what the heck!'', also added 2 different ones...lemme know what's your opinion...if I learning "something" lol.....thanks,

IMG_1269-1.jpg

IMG_1449-1.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

To me the window in the background is distracting. You could cover it or something. I think it would make the shot better. Also if you are shooting in automatic, the camera may be metering to the light outside which is making your shot underexposed. Whoops, just checked the exif data and saw it was manual. If you were using the camera meter, you should meter for the faucet and sink, not the window. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Ok, gotcha, thanks. I will try with something in the back.

My original idea was actually to try to get the sky in the back too, but it didnt work out too good....

I actually like the original #2. It should be darkened for a more sillouette look and then crop the messy bits out.

Thanks guys... appreciate your help :)
Gonna keep trying....hope I am not completely in the wrong direction!!??

To me the window in the background is distracting. You could cover it or something. I think it would make the shot better. Also if you are shooting in automatic, the camera may be metering to the light outside which is making your shot underexposed. Whoops, just checked the exif data and saw it was manual. If you were using the camera meter, you should meter for the faucet and sink, not the window. Just my two cents.

I'm not sure what the term means, meter meaning focusing? Not sure...

Can I get some of our 'experts' to take a look and comment some more, pretty please? :)

Thanks a LOT!! :sexywink:

Most reactions

Back