Few shots with my new camera.

900rr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got nikon d40 (thanks to my girlfriend).I am still adjusting on new toy,but I wish to hear your opinion on these few shots.
All critics are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

birds.jpg

duck.jpg

flo1.jpg

rcplane.jpg

marcumpark.jpg

marcumpark3.jpg

duck2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice first effort.
What lens are you using on #1
and you settings?
Thank's, Craig.;)

lens is default d40 lens (Nikkor 18-55mm). settings, im not quite sure.i was changing constantly before and after i took that shot.

The first one is great. One question: Was the camera new when you got it? b/c ur sensor is dirty (i think)
birds.jpg

Edit: Don't edit your pictures in MS Paint :D

Very very nice! I especially like the one with the jet flying against the sun slightly setting in the background.

I also liked how the sun came out in the pic. Nice job from that D40! Keep up the good work!

I am impressed with what you took with that camera. I was debating on whether or not to get a Nikon or a Canon. I got my Canon only because I am familiar with Canon. This is just absolutely awesome for a GREAT priced camera!! Ok it's not all the camera's work. It's got to be the photographer behind it too!

-Christopher

P.S. Keep having fun!!!!

I like the first shots with the new camera

For the four birds flying i cant help but feel like the last bird is being left out! I also like the plane/jet picture it caught my atention for some reason and good last edit on the bird it really makes the bird the main thing in the picture!

Keep having fun!

I like the top one of the 3 geese, or terns, or whatever they are.

The top photo is White Ibis. I think it's a great shot, too. The duck is a Wild Muscovy, I believe. I like the first shot of it; but it's cut off in the bottom shot. I love taking/viewing photos of birds. You did a nice job. Just wondering if you live in FL? We have a lot of Ibis here.

Looked at EXIF.
Do I have this right?
1/4
f5.6
ISO 200
Shot in Auto
What does the landscape mean?
Thank's,Craig.

1) Great shot. Could have used a slightly faster shutter speed to freeze the movement of the moving birds, but there's no drastic blurring. Focus isn't as sharp as it could be, but generally I like this shot.
2) I suggest a tighter crop of this shot, the upper portion of the photo is mainly wasted space. Nice otherwise.
3) Good colours, two of the flowers are nicely in focus, but if you stopped down a bit, the bottom flower would have been a bit sharper. I'm not a particular fan of the central composition, but this image is pretty enough.
4) Sky is overexposed. Plane is underexposed. If you'd been the other side of the runway, you wouldn't have had the problem of shooting into the sun, and would have stood more of a chance of getting the exposure of the plane and the sky right. Nice composition though, you've left lots of space for the plane to "move into", but maybe you could have zoomed in a little?
5) Nice composition, but the depth of field isn't deep enough. The water is nice, but none of the foliage is particularly sharp.
6) I love the texture of the tree. I would have taken the shot further from the left, to get the sun obscured by the tree. I would have also either have taken a couple of steps back, or pointed the camera more toward the sky, to get the whole of the tree in. Seeing as the tree is silhouetted, anyway, I would have used a faster shutter speed, and metered off the sky.
7) More successful than 2), but I'd still use a tighter crop. The texture of the feathers is great, really nice and sharp.

I'm by no means an expert, this is just what occurs to me when I look at these photos. It seems like you have a good eye, well done with these shots. I certainly wasn't getting images these good. Have fun, and carry on taking photos!

1) Great shot. Could have used a slightly faster shutter speed to freeze the movement of the moving birds, but there's no drastic blurring. Focus isn't as sharp as it could be, but generally I like this shot.
2) I suggest a tighter crop of this shot, the upper portion of the photo is mainly wasted space. Nice otherwise.
3) Good colours, two of the flowers are nicely in focus, but if you stopped down a bit, the bottom flower would have been a bit sharper. I'm not a particular fan of the central composition, but this image is pretty enough.
4) Sky is overexposed. Plane is underexposed. If you'd been the other side of the runway, you wouldn't have had the problem of shooting into the sun, and would have stood more of a chance of getting the exposure of the plane and the sky right. Nice composition though, you've left lots of space for the plane to "move into", but maybe you could have zoomed in a little?
5) Nice composition, but the depth of field isn't deep enough. The water is nice, but none of the foliage is particularly sharp.
6) I love the texture of the tree. I would have taken the shot further from the left, to get the sun obscured by the tree. I would have also either have taken a couple of steps back, or pointed the camera more toward the sky, to get the whole of the tree in. Seeing as the tree is silhouetted, anyway, I would have used a faster shutter speed, and metered off the sky.
7) More successful than 2), but I'd still use a tighter crop. The texture of the feathers is great, really nice and sharp.

I'm by no means an expert, this is just what occurs to me when I look at these photos. It seems like you have a good eye, well done with these shots. I certainly wasn't getting images these good. Have fun, and carry on taking photos!
now this is what i call CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM. i have just bookmarked this page. what an eye opener for a beginer like myself.

Most reactions

Back