Few sunset shots for C&C

Renol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which out of these 2 looks best? Any suggestions on cropping?

IMG_5387.jpg

Focal Length: 46.0mm (35mm equivalent: 75mm...
CCD Width: 22.20mm
Exposure Time: 0.025 s (1/40)
Aperture: f/9.0
ISO Equiv.: 800
Whitebalance: Manual

IMG_5391.jpg

Focal Length: 55.0mm (35mm equivalent: 89mm...
CCD Width: 22.20mm
Exposure Time: 0.025 s (1/40)
Aperture: f/8.0
ISO Equiv.: 800
Whitebalance: Manual

Last edited:
Next time please only post 1 or 2 but they all look the exact same. The sky even though there are nice colors it looks pretty dull.
tj

I'll keep in mind the 1 or 2 shot idea. However, at a quick glance they may all look the same, the reality it they are not. There are different zooms and different sections of the cloud cover in addition to different artifacts (tree branches) in some while they are not in others.

What I would greatly appreciate is an opinion from someone willing to take the time to look closely at the images (even if one or two out of the group) and say "stick with the wider angle and crop out the houses" or "the tree branches are distracting".

Saying they are "dull" does not help me much. Why do you feel that way? Seen too many sunset shots like it? Too much stuff in the area? I would appreciate a reason behind any critique opinions no matter if they are good or bad. I appreciate indepth professional critique as opposed to other types.

I'm a total newbie, so I can't offer much. But my personal opinion is this - I like the color of the sky, but most of the foreground is distracting to me. There's nothing of interest, and the power lines are particularly distracting. But, again, I'm a n00b, so take from that what you will...

Ok here is more in depth. I think that the cloud formations are nice but the colors don't seem to pop. Maybe more saturation and contrast. The telephone pole and houses are a bit distracting. Maybe move to somewhere with just trees if possible. I'm still trying to figure out why this was iso 800. Do you not have a tripod? If not I recommend getting one if you plan on doing more low light shots and use iso 100-200. It's a bit to grainy. I don't really like the branch on the top of 1st one either. I would go back on another nice night and try again. Also if possible try some with the actual sun going down, could look pretty good.
tj

Most reactions

Back