Fields of Green

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by silver163, May 9, 2007.

1. silver163

silver163 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Name from one of my favorite songs "Fields of Gold" but what about this photo? too much contrast, too cropped or what?

[​IMG]

2. Trenton Romulox

Trenton Romulox TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It's kind of boring. The colors are nice, and the exposure seems good, but there really isn't a clear subject.

3. Alpha

Alpha Troll Extraordinaire

Photos NOT OK to edit
    boring composition and lack of subject make jack a dull boy.

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hiya Silver,

to a green-lover like myself, anything green in any photo can never be boring, but here I get "green-overload" with the saturation and sharpening. I think you overdid things in that area.

Subjectwise ... well, there are those who don't like nature photography but prefer people in photos and "action" of sorts, of which there is nothing here. I do like nature photography myself and have taken photos in the woods, too, which are, of course, "still life"-photos, as it were, since nothing moves, nothing changes, everything's static.

It is up to each and everyone to say "I like the serenity of nature photos" or "I want to see photos that no one else could have taken again - totally similarly to this - 5 minutes later" ... This one could have been repeated by another photographer just like this one 5 minutes later... is it totally boring because of that?

Anyhow, as the forum's resident Lover Of The Colour Green I must say: this is too much. Saturation is too high, and so is sharpening.

5. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Way too much empty foreground. I can say this because someone said it to me recently about the background. I have no idea how the rest is I can't get past that.

ps.. You should consider yourself lucky or unlucky since yours is the last photo I will go off site to check out. It's really an unnecessary hastle.