Fields of Green

silver163

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Name from one of my favorite songs "Fields of Gold" but what about this photo? too much contrast, too cropped or what?

IMGP3439innerbeauty.jpg

boring composition and lack of subject make jack a dull boy.

Hiya Silver,

to a green-lover like myself, anything green in any photo can never be boring, but here I get "green-overload" with the saturation and sharpening. I think you overdid things in that area.

Subjectwise ... well, there are those who don't like nature photography but prefer people in photos and "action" of sorts, of which there is nothing here. I do like nature photography myself and have taken photos in the woods, too, which are, of course, "still life"-photos, as it were, since nothing moves, nothing changes, everything's static.

It is up to each and everyone to say "I like the serenity of nature photos" or "I want to see photos that no one else could have taken again - totally similarly to this - 5 minutes later" ... This one could have been repeated by another photographer just like this one 5 minutes later... is it totally boring because of that?

Anyhow, as the forum's resident Lover Of The Colour Green I must say: this is too much. Saturation is too high, and so is sharpening.

Way too much empty foreground. I can say this because someone said it to me recently about the background. I have no idea how the rest is I can't get past that.

ps.. You should consider yourself lucky or unlucky since yours is the last photo I will go off site to check out. It's really an unnecessary hastle.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back