Cash - wawawee
Flip - Goontz
1980's - bentcountershaft

1. Cold - O|||||||O
2. Hard - O|||||||O
3. Cash - wawawee
4. Flip - wawawee
5. 1980's - bentcountershaft

A heads up, I'm going to be late posting the photos tonight. I have a big programming assignment due at Midnight, and I'm not exactly swimming in free time.

What language?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, missed this before! Java. The whole education world has caught java, and unfortunately there's no cure.

Results!

Pushing his way into first this week is O|||||||O with 10 votes!

Second place goes to Goontz with 8 votes

And in third is wawawee with a set of 7 votes

The Categories:
1. Cold - O|||||||O (5 votes)
2. Hard - O|||||||O (4 votes)
3. Cash - Goontz (3 votes)
4. Flip - Goontz (5 votes)
5. 1980s - bentcountershaft (5 votes)

Top 20:
1. Chiller - 105.22
2. Chris of Arabia - 87.75
3. mishele - 87.24
4. Clawed - 86.94
5. O|||||||O - 85.53
6. Wheels47130 - 83.33
7. leighthal - 82.23
8. RalphP13 - 72.15
9. clarinetJWD - 70.96
10. da9girl - 68.75
11. mooimeisie - 67.93
12. Buckster - 65.96
13. OregonAmy - 63.38
14. Artograph - 63.14
15. Goontz - 61.79
16. Antarctican - 57.10
17. VoLcOmKiDd911 - 56.75
18. Plankton - 56.70
19. HannahRebekah - 56.58
20. marinaw - 55.77

Always great to have newcomers in the top 3!
Remember, the next round starts in just half an hour

:drool: woaw!i won top 3?:thumbsup:
the next contest is in half hour?:meh:

Wow, I can't believe I won, lol. I wasn't really expecting that.

Nice work all around - I was surprised to see my name as the winner. :lol:

Congrats!

It's interesting to see that 3 votes was enough to give Goontz the lead for "Cash" - guess that means those votes got pretty well spread around. That was a tough one for me because I knew it was going to come down to staging the shot in an interesting way, rather than finding an interesting subject or interpretation of the category, and staging stuff isn't my strong suit.

On a separate note, I was really proud of myself for getting such a tight DOF on my "Flip" photo, and it's the one of mine that I thought would get the most votes - but it turns out that the competition this week was extra tough! :lol:

I really liked your "flip' image and voted for it. Apart from it being a excellent shot and composition I liked the idea. That flip never entered my mind. I was going to have a shot of me flipping off the camera but decided I didn't want to offend anyone.

I really liked your "flip' image and voted for it. Apart from it being a excellent shot and composition I liked the idea. That flip never entered my mind. I was going to have a shot of me flipping off the camera but decided I didn't want to offend anyone.

Hehe thanks. I wasn't complaining; it's just funny to try and predict what people will vote for. Last week, I wasn't terribly happy with my "light" photo, but it got a lot if votes. :)

how does the scoring work?hmmm

Well week to week it's just the raw number of votes; I'm not sure how the "Top 20" work though. The decimals make me think it must be some sort of average, or it's taking ties in to account.

how does the scoring work?hmmm
It's a very complex formula that Joe was kind enough to work up.

Playing more games gives you more points, but after 10 or so games it levels out.

(Before that, there were a few cases where someone got into the top 5 on their first game.)

The formula is posted somewhere... Can't remember where...
Just know that it's fair, and very complicated. :lol:

Most reactions

Back