Fight Club Rules and Procedure (Updated 1/30/12)

"1. Once the thread goes up for a round (usually 12AM Friday morning), it's time to play.
5. Email your photo links to tpf.fight.club[@]gmail.com. Submissions end Sunday at 5PM!.
. You have an hour, plus short grace period (~15 mins) to take all 5 pictures, edit, and submit."

I'm confused.

Sorry...that needs to be updated. We're doing a play anytime, vote anytime format now. Just email the fight club address, and you'll receive the 5 topics. Send links back to the address within an hour to submit :)

I am REALLY confused now. I read that the thread is up at 12AM Friday (so midnight, on Thursday Night/Friday morning, yes?)
From that thread we email, then get the topics emailed back to us? And then we take, edit, post the pictures by email within 1 hour of receiving the topics?

So we have 1 hour from receiving the topics, BUT WE CAN DO THAT ANYTIME UP TO 5pm ON SUNDAY? (Whatever time that is in the UK. :) )

Is that right?

I like the idea, but my brain hurts. ;)

^^^ Yes, it sounds like you've got it.

The whole idea of Fight Club is that everyone only has one hour to take the photos, process them and submit them.

The old format was that FC was played in a certain one hour period on Sunday afternoon. But that meant a lot of people couldn't play, due to the time difference (it would be the middle of the night in some parts of the world). So now the game is played on the weekend (ie Friday at 0000 hours to 1700 hours on Sunday, Eastern Standard Time), but everyone still only gets one hour to take/process/post their pics. The difference now is that everyone can pick which one hour time period works best for them within that Friday 0000 hours to Sunday 1700 hours time frame... everyone has one hour from the time they receive the topics, to take/process/submit their pics. So when you request the topics by email, know that you'll receive a response almost instantaneously, and your one hour is starting to run.

Is that a clear description?

^^^ Yes, it sounds like you've got it.

The whole idea of Fight Club is that everyone only has one hour to take the photos, process them and submit them.

The old format was that FC was played in a certain one hour period on Sunday afternoon. But that meant a lot of people couldn't play, due to the time difference (it would be the middle of the night in some parts of the world). So now the game is played on the weekend (ie Friday at 0000 hours to 1700 hours on Sunday, Eastern Standard Time), but everyone still only gets one hour to take/process/post their pics. The difference now is that everyone can pick which one hour time period works best for them within that Friday 0000 hours to Sunday 1700 hours time frame... everyone has one hour from the time they receive the topics, to take/process/submit their pics. So when you request the topics by email, know that you'll receive a response almost instantaneously, and your one hour is starting to run.

Is that a clear description?

Yep! :D

This is awesome. I tried to keep up with this a little last summer but the whole one hour on Sunday threw me for a loop a few times. I like the whole one hour on the weekends deal alot better. Now I just have to remember to keep checking in :) Awesome idea!!

O this is dope! Game on, count me in!

Oh, nice. I like the "new" format. Not sure it's that new, but I have not played in a VERY long time. Maybe I will check this out once again in the coming weeks ~

5. Email your photo links to tpf.fight.club[@]gmail.com. Submissions end Sunday at 5PM!
Sorry guys... just trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do exactly before I hit the Fight Club submit button and get my list!

First Question: Once I hit the submit button, get my topics and then take & edit my photos, do I still mail the photos to the email address above listed in the quote?

Secondly: Forgive me if I'm missing it, but what size are the photos supposed to be reduced to?

Yeah, I guess things got kind of confusing for someone who wasn't here through all of the changes and fine tunings.

To question one, yes you send your submissions back to the same address. Just reply to the email you receive. You want to make sure that you have the right stuff in the right place. This is what my submission email looked like last week:

------------------------------------------------------

Fight Club 114

bentcountershaft

1. Old
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2299/old2f.jpg

2. New
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/2110/new1aa.jpg

3. Borrowed
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3307/borrowed1.jpg

4. Blue
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/2674/blue1uq.jpg

5. Plant
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/594/plant1m.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

You also want to put the fight club # and your username in the subject line.

Question 2. The size of the photos usually do is 800 x 600. I would definitely recommend resizing before uploading instead of letting your hosting site do it for you as they will upload quicker. You also want to make sure that you put in "direct links" to the images, same as you would if you were posting them on the forum, just without using the
tags.

One last thing, forget the Sunday deadline. We tried that for a while and decided we could go all week. So basically each week begins and ends on Thursday night at midnight/Friday morning and you have until then to play.

Thank you Bent! That's exactly what I was looking for! Not a problem on the resizing...that's how I do mine already!
*Gulp* Here goes nothing...

How it works:
  1. Once the thread goes up for a round (Sometime on Friday. I try to get it done at midnight, but often don't), it's time to play.
  2. Follow the link in the post to the Fight Club page and submit your username to begin.
  3. Once you hit submit, the timer starts!
  4. When you complete the photos, upload them using the web form. If you did not take a photo for every category, leave the corresponding field blank.

Hey, nice!

Whoops! When did that happen? Sorry to lead you astray JWellman, my heart was in the right place.

Edit to add: Dig the new new system. Thanks for all the hassle you go through for this, Joe. It's certainly appreciated.

Most reactions

Back