Film camera lens mounting question

stevejrogers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Filmmaker friend of mine has a Tamron lens that is 24-70. But his camera guy has a Cannon ES lens mount adapter and is worried about the third party lens fitting onto it, despite being told by the store that it will.

Can the lens fit onto that mount?

Thanks.

We're missing a bit of information on this. HOWEVER--the Canon EF mount, which is used on some video cameras, like say the Black Magic, is easily adapted to a number of 35mm-type system SLR or D-SLR lenses, like Nikon F-mount lenses in manual focus variants, AF and AF-D variants, and also to the G-series lenses, with the higher-end adapters. THe Canon EF mount can use Nikon, Pentax K, M42 thread, Leica-R, Olympus OM, and a few other mounts. There is a very good chance that the lens is in Nikon mount, and thus will adapt easily to the camera, since Canon and Nikon together account for about 75% of all interchangeable SLR mount lenses made over the prior 20 years.

EF is the largest diameter mount. It can be adapted to pretty much anything. But Derrel is right, more info needed, like what mount has this Tamron lens, EF ?

Last edited:
Filmmaker friend of mine has a Tamron lens that is 24-70. But his camera guy has a Cannon ES lens mount adapter and is worried about the third party lens fitting onto it, despite being told by the store that it will.

Can the lens fit onto that mount?

Thanks.

if it is an "EF" adapter

(not ES !)

Most reactions

Back