film camera question for this digital baby :D

Good possibility. That or I was still stuck in my idea of thinking in terms of opposite colors. But as far as Flourescent lights, they do have, as I'm sure you know, the FLD filter:
241663806.jpg

....which takes on a slightly pink tint to correct the old sickly green lights.

i was so happy to upgrade my digital camera to releive myself of all these color corrections in photoshop and retouch :? ... it would take me almost 30 mins on one photo .. now it takes me less than 5 mins per photo .... it would be like taking 2 steps back

but if i scan my negs for post production .. i end up with a digital file anyway...

anybody else here use digital and film?

I use film and digital. But not digital a whole lot. Then lenses I have for my SLR are much better than my digital camera. I would need to spend quite a bit to move into digital and get 28mm, 50mm, 100mm equivelant lenses. I'm waiting for digital to get better (and cheaper) to replace my 35mm system. I will always shoot film. But only with medium and large format.

With that you could even pop on a 16megapixel digital back. It'll set you back about $13k at the moment. But at that point, since you wouldn't have to buy film you would probably not even use the film back.

My ideal camera collection to me at this point is a digital slr for when size is a factor. I'm hoping they design some smaller digital interchangeable lens systems. Like the size and feel of a leica M5. Then for true black and whites and limited color use a Hasselblad 500CM (With 45mm, 80, 150 and 250 lenses) and then a 4x5 view camera for when i need full movements.

Most reactions

Back