Film Develop - Can I re-use fix and stop?

Commonman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm developing some film in a small tank. It's B & W. I'm using HC-110.
I will be developing 2 or 3 rolls tonight. Can I re-use the stop and the fix for the 2nd and 3rd roll?

if you re-use the hc110 you will need to adjust your development times with each roll and then there will be a limit to how many times it can be used unless your also using a replenisier.

most people use hc110 as a one shot developer. commerical houses may re-use but they are operating under direction circumstances.

It can be reused but I, also one shot it. I mix it before each roll. I will reuse it if I process more than one roll but for the most part, down the drain it goes. Same for my Kodak Indicator Stop Bath and my Kodafix.

I reuse stop and fix, but dump the developer. I mostly use D76, or Sprint.

Once the stop is burned out, it goes down the drain, but I never pour fix down the drain. Once it is exhausted, I put it in a silver reclaimation tank.

Get a bottle of hypocheck and you can keep tabs on your fix and know when it is reaching exhaustion.

If you mix stop with the developer when you chuck the developer it's nearly neutral and can be dumped easily.

Developer will work for 6-8 rolls of film. Don't keep it for more than a week or two though - even in an accordian bottle.

I one shot my dev. Its ID11 and it doesn't last that long on the shelf. My fix will last for a week at least and I've got a hypocheck.

Most reactions

Back