Film Developing Question

That doesn't look to bad to me, as a beginner.

But don't you notice it a bit more in the color photos?

When you took the photography class and were developing your own B&W film, was it fun to you? Did you print too, or just develop the film?

To me, it was a lot of fun. Kind of a hobby for perfectionists these days. But a lot of fun. I will probably do it again some day when I have more living space.

Developing color film isn't worth the investment to me.

Another option would be to get color chemistry (C-41) B&W film. If you have it printed in the color lab, it will come out sepia-toned, unless the people printing are very good and are willing to make a lot of corrections. Alternately, you can send out the negatives to have them printed in true B&W.

That doesn't look to bad to me, as a beginner.

But don't you notice it a bit more in the color photos?

Can't say, because that HP5+ is the only film I've ever ordered with a CD from the lab because soon afterwards I bought a Nikon Coolscan, so I can do my own colour if I want. Like these, which are Fuji Sensia 35mm transparencies taken with a Nikon SLR and scanned myself:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51095

I wouldn't describe them as noisy, but others might I suppose.

Thom

Those don't look too bad to me... and I'm really not looking for any better quality as a beginner.

I guess we'll just have to see how they look once I get them put onto the CD. I'm going to go that route first, and then if they're horrible, which I really don't think they will be, then I'll try anyother route. Or maybe, if it's cheaper, I'll get them printed and then scan them into the computer.

Once I have them put on the CD, can I then chose which ones I want to have printed from there?

What kind of scanner do you have ladyphotog?

I have a scanner that came with my printer, it was just a little something special to seal the deal. Nothing too great, I don't think.

It's part of the Dell All In One printer. I've scanned some photos and the B&W ones seem to come out alright, but the color one's don't come out as great. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I will have to give it another go.

I have the Epson Perfection 4990 scanner, it takes up to 8x10 film and prints. It is great but it runs about $450.00. But I think worth every penny, the first scan every time is great.

Most reactions

Back