Film images to digital images....and film developing

SanctuS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I use a film SLR, but I like to post my pictures on the internet and email them. I also like using them as a backup, but the way I normally get them is by buying the CD along with prints at the Wal-Mart. The images just seem really grainy. I was wondering if there was a better way to get them....digitized.

I was also wondering if anyone knew of a good mail-order film developing/printing shop. I looked into one, but I need something that's better then Wal-Mart, but not too expensive...I am a teenager running off of very little cash.

Get yourself a decent film scanner off ebay and do them yourself after walmart has developed the roll, there should be loads available as all the togs are mostly digital now and sell a lot of film related stuff on the net, dont buy a flatbed with film capabilities unless its top dollar, a dedicated 35mm film/neg scanner is what you need. H

Get yourself a decent film scanner off ebay and do them yourself after walmart has developed the roll, there should be loads available as all the togs are mostly digital now and sell a lot of film related stuff on the net, dont buy a flatbed with film capabilities unless its top dollar, a dedicated 35mm film/neg scanner is what you need. H

What is a rough estimate as to what a dedicated scanner would run (E-bay or anywhere else) Because I too may be looking for one real soon.

Do a search in the ebay photography section, they used to be expensive but an older model now should go for peanuts. H

Would I use a film scanner to scan the prints and the negatives? Or is it designed to scan just the negatives and slide film?

Would I use a film scanner to scan the prints and the negatives? Or is it designed to scan just the negatives and slide film?

I think a dedicated scanner is neg only, but I know a flatbed neg capable scanner will do both.

As it turns out my Non-photographer Brother has one (neg capable Epson) and did not bother telling me :x

Most reactions

New Topics

Back