Film in Bullk

wil

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I loking for an online site to buy 35mm film in bulk. Any one have a site the trust to buy film online?

How many exposures should I get out of a bulk roll? Is the price significantly lower verses pre-rolled film? Which one will give me the most bang for my buck?

nealjpage said:
How many exposures should I get out of a bulk roll? Is the price significantly lower verses pre-rolled film? Which one will give me the most bang for my buck?

I find with B&W it's about 1/2 the cost (I buy "grey" market Kodak bulk) if not alittle more. And that depends on the film.

I get 17 or so 36 exposure rolls out of 100' bulk rolls.

BTW if you go this route always re-shoot the last frame. Mine always get cut off.

"Grey market" Kodak? Like out of someone's trunk or something?:lol: Where do I find this and what should I pay for, I dunno, Tri-X 400?

nealjpage said:
"Grey market" Kodak? Like out of someone's trunk or something?:lol: Where do I find this and what should I pay for, I dunno, Tri-X 400?

No..not out of someone's trunk..:lmao: Not exactly grey market as you would think, just meant for export out of the country. I buy Tri-X for $29.49 from B&H. It's listed as "USAW" The "USA" listed roll is $44.95.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=29165&is=USAW&addedTroughType=search

"We advertise Kodak film in three types:

• IMPORTED - Film made outside the USA and imported for us. This may also be referred to as "GREY".
  • USAW - Film manufactured in the USA for Worldwide distribution.
  • USA - Film manufactured in the USA or overseas and imported for domestic distribution. "

:greenpbl: :greenpbl:

There are several types of bulk film loaders. I personally like a Watson. They run about $35.00 at last look. Reloadable cassettes are also available in plastic and metal. The metal seem to hold up better. These can be had from B&H as well as Adorama.

Or you could by one off of eBay for $2.99 plus shipping like I did. Description says it comes with film. As if that's still gonna be good. LOL.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back