Film in motion

panocho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone around shots movies?

I would like to buy a 16mm camera (or maybe just a 8mm/super 8, I still don't know...) and would appreciate some advices.

First, your personal opinions and recommendations, if you have experiences to share. Both on different cameras and the decission between 16 and 8mm. (Let me add that I'm planning to expend very little, initially -I will have to expend a lot on film and development!)

Second, I would really appreciate if you know of some web site where to read about this.

thanks!

I've shot some Super 8 before just for fun after finding a bunch of old reels tucked away in a cupboard. It doesn't really push any buttons for me - but be prepared to break the bank, wait a while to get the film developed and sent back to you, have good lighting and plan what you're gonna shoot because that film runs out quickly.

The films I found at my place would've been about 25 + years old and they were still fine - some colour loss but I guess that's reasonable considering they weren't stored for longevity's sake. Think 25 years of North-East Australian heat and humidity!!

I did a quick search and found a pretty civilised forum about all things cinema related at http://www.cinematography.com

Most reactions

Back