Film is definately dying

I thought you reached a higher plane beyond mere film.
Now we are getting somewhere with this discussion. "Higher plane beyond film"... I start to understand humanity. (Good for me. Better late than never... Now borrow me your gun, I have to shoot myself.)

Through meditation and use of a sweat lodge, terri has managed to send me photos using only the powers of her mind.

I thought you reached a higher plane beyond mere film.
Now we are getting somewhere with this discussion. "Higher plane beyond film"... I start to understand humanity. (Good for me. Better late than never... Now borrow me your gun, I have to shoot myself.)

Through meditation and use of a sweat lodge, terri has managed to send me photos using only the powers of her mind.
Impressive ! But this technology is not new ! Way before digital... Or we are wrong about human history ?

I think if you removed all the film users who are doing it "just to be different" you'd be left with Gary and limr.
I gonna cry ! You are forgetting me ! :neglected: How can you...
I haven't forgotten you [emoji6]
Thanks. We shoot film just for love of it. Turns out it is not only more complicated technologically (for the photographer), but also harder socially, being scorn by digital folks. (And nowadays everyone is digital.) Like it's really matter how I get my kicks ?

I think if you removed all the film users who are doing it "just to be different" you'd be left with Gary and limr.
Thanks. We shoot film just for love of it. Turns out it is not only more complicated technologically (for the photographer), but also harder socially, being scorn by digital folks. (And nowadays everyone is digital.) Like it's really matter how I get my kicks ?
I see quite a few people shooting film when out and about with my camera, digital shooter also come over when they see my cameras not saying which make [emoji3]

I see quite a few people shooting film when out and about with my camera, digital shooter also come over when they see my cameras not saying which make [emoji3]
Nice.

Carrying a film camera around in public is good for curious stares, finger-pointing, and people who just walk up to you and ask about your, "Antique camera." Something really old and oddball, like in my experience, the Yashica 635 and baby Speed Graphic, serves as an amazing ice breaker...I have found with either of those two, people are willing to pose for photos, totally out of the blue.

If I ever get my *** in gear, I swear, this summer I am going to shoot the 12 shots of 2.25 x 3.25 sheet film I loaded into my film holders last summer!!! I have been using a 120 6x6 rollfilm back on the Speed Graphic.

Carrying a film camera around in public is good for curious stares, finger-pointing, and people who just walk up to you and ask about your, "Antique camera." Something really old and oddball, like in my experience, the Yashica 635 and baby Speed Graphic, serves as an amazing ice breaker...I have found with either of those two, people are willing to pose for photos, totally out of the blue.

If I ever get my *** in gear, I swear, this summer I am going to shoot the 12 shots of 2.25 x 3.25 sheet film I loaded into my film holders last summer!!! I have been using a 120 6x6 rollfilm back on the Speed Graphic.
Well, git yer ass in gear and do it! :whip:

I expect nothing less but great work from you, with all your experience. The sheet film is waiting patiently....

Terri, thanks for the vote of confidence!
Timor--it's fairly old film....it says 200 ISO on the box, but I'm going to expose it at 100 and develop and hope for minimal fogging...but who knows. I got the film with the camera. The film I have is "J and C Classic 200 BW", and Made in Europe. It has a web address on the box, so it's not gsgary-like-25-years-out-of-date-Pierre-Trudeau-era-old.

J and C! I haven't heard that name in years. IIRC, they were a couple of guys who started a small company (J&C Photo, I think?) and were getting products produced from Europe...seems to me they were both active on APUG and had a good business going but one of them fell ill, which led to the demise of the company. I had a box of J&C Photo enlarging paper that I liked a lot, and couldn't replace once it was gone.

Terri, thanks for the vote of confidence!
Timor--it's fairly old film....it says 200 ISO on the box, but I'm going to expose it at 100 and develop and hope for minimal fogging...but who knows. I got the film with the camera. The film I have is "J and C Classic 200 BW", and Made in Europe. It has a web address on the box, so it's not gsgary-like-25-years-out-of-date-Pierre-Trudeau-era-old.
Pierre Trudeau era. That's good one !
I just got some PX in 120 format, 11 years past the date. Is fogging like hell, but I gonna use it in one of my "camera obscura primitiva". :biglaugh:
Maybe also mix some high contrast developer with extra potassium bromide.

Quentin Tarentino is still using film and some of the other big film makers are still using it, when I see an old film the colours are beautiful compared to digital

The Walking Dead TV show is shot on 16mm film.

Quentin Tarentino is still using film and some of the other big film makers are still using it, when I see an old film the colours are beautiful compared to digital

The Walking Dead TV show is shot on 16mm film.
Yes ! You're right. And the main reasons are reliability and speed of production.

Most reactions

Back