Film Mailers

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm going to be ordering some film mailers soon (35mm, develop + prints), but I'm not sure which one to get.

Freestyle only has one to choose from (for 35mm, they have another for 120). I guess they do the processing too. [EDIT: OK, they don't process it at Freestyle - they're "partnered with a premium service processing facility"; who that is, I'm not sure.]

B&H has a few for 35mm black and white. A&I, Agfa, and Fujifilm (looks like the fuji is only for slides though).

I'm not too worried about the price (of course cheaper would be nice - but we can't have everything).
Which one is best?

Last edited:
I'm going to get the A&I ones unless somebody has a better idea...

I don't know that it matters much.

Did Dwayne's stop accepting KC mailers?

Why mailers? I don't know, lol.

I've never really had to send film out before, I usually just had walmart send it out for me.

I looked at Dwayne's website, looks like they're cheaper anyway. I can just send it in a regular envelope?

For years I have used a local shop for E6 processing, unfortunately the shop went out of business due to retirement. Spoke to a few photographers and read a few blogs and decided to go with A&I because everyone gave such glowing reviews. 2-3 day turn around time, sounds great as sometimes I have a tight deadline. I sent 10 rolls of 120, for project 4 weeks out, to A&I and after 3 weeks called to find out what the delay was (actually I was getting anxious). I was informed the transparencies were shipped out in 4 days after receipt. They checked with FEDEX and had obtained a signature, further investigation reveals that they sent the film to another company (competitor) in another state. A&I is blaming it on a software issue, how convenient - doesn't anyone check the label before putting it on the box. This is my first and last time dealing with A&I. I have lost my client, lost faith with the printer, and been chastised by my publisher. To further insult me, A&I doesn't know if they can have my film returned (person they need to speak to wasn't available). A&I may do good work as everyone states, but I wouldn't gamble future projects on such a lax organization.

Most reactions

Back