Film not as expensive as people think.

If you get a usable shot with every single frame of film, then film might be cheaper. If you're like me, and generally suck at photography, then the ability to get a shot and throw it away for free greatly reduces cost. And yet, here I am, shooting film, and continuing to suck at it.

mysteryscribe said:
My wife bought me a camera yesterday to butcher for father's day. She paid 3.50 american.

I have a house full of them. Every camera I own and all the film I own does not equal what my son in law has invested in two nikons.

If I shoot two pieces of cut film and process it everyday for the rest of my life, I wont have the price of his one small camera bag full of nikon stuff.

Plus I love my cameras, he still admits wet processed prints from a 6x6 look better but they aren't modern. Digital makes sense in a professional setting, but not in a personal one at least not for me.

I make and now have started to market retro photographs. You cant show up for a retro shoot with a plastic camera. It just isn't done

Anybody know where I can get an authentic panama hat.

Your wife is good to you, Charlie. Oh, also, isn't bakelite a type of plastic? It feels like it. I have (or had, since its precise location is uncertain--a long story) an Argus Argoflex E TLR, make ca. 1942 as near as I can figure, which is entirely bakelite.

As for the hat... try here.

No problem, don't forget to post some photos of your trip to Panama :lol:

But philip didnt you pass that 15 bucks and change cost along to your client. I always figured the cost of production and added at least that much to an invoice. That was in addition to what I charged.

Mark had the point my son in law is a control freak and gets upset with the lab when they add a hit of red to his prints. digital is great for him, he always hated handing film over to a lab to process.

Its kind of like horizontal pictures with dead space. You get accustomed to new things I think. If I was still shooting for money it would be digital for weddings. Simply because I hated printing up those bracket shots just to be sure everyone had their eyes open. Plus Im cheap. Sorry mark it's why I would do it.

Then again I used a prolab not my own darkroom. Remember I was the walmart of specialty photographers. roflmao My wife's motto for me. Somebody had to clean up the crumbs..

Most reactions

Back