Film or Digital? Big or Small? Hot or Cold? SLR or Auto?

pierce

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have an Olympus OM10 SLR 35mm camera, it was a gift which introduced me to photography, and now I want to add another camera to my collection.

I was thinking of getting another SLR 35mm, maybe a Cannon EOS 3000v, it looks like a good one (all of those features :wink: ) and I can afford it too! Or I could get a digital compact like a Fujifilm Finepix A330 but i've never used a digital camera before so i'm not too sure about that.

Anyway, it would be great if any of you could give me some advice.

I don't like the idea of getting a compact digital anymore so now my question is this... Canon EOS 3000V, good or bad?

:)

The EOS 3000 is the Non-North American version of the EOS Rebel XS. Basically it's an entry level SLR camera. What features are you looking for in a 2nd camera?

A compact, lightweight, low-priced SLR camera. Successor to the EOS5000, but with greatly expanded basic functions. The camera incorporates the Mode Dial and most other basic features of the EOS Kiss/EOS REBEL XS/EOS500 and includes six-zone evaluative metering linked to three focusing points. In addition, the flash is linked to the measurement point so that during shooting the flash out-put level is constantly adjusted for optimum exposure control. For reasons of cost, the flash unit is manual pop-up/retractable head type. The EOS3000 is compatible with system accessories for the Kiss and New Kiss. The high-quality design has a feel of genuine elegance.

From http://www.canon.com/camera-museum

Thanks for the info Big Mike. I'm not after any specific features, I just want to get an up-to-date SLR camera to play around with.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back