Film Photography problem. HELP!

cfeldman10

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys. So I recently bought a Canon Rebel EOS 1000 to use for my film photography class.
Today I took two rolls of film to the lab to process for my assignment. My first roll came out pretty nicely. Only one picture didn't turn out.
However, from my second roll, ONLY 6 PICTURES TURNED OUT!
Even though I just started taking stills on film, I have shot films (movies) before, so I am pretty confident with my ability to expose.
Some of the pictures that didn't turn out were taken in a forest. What kills me is that under the same lighting conditions, I had many photos all at f/5.6 with a shutter speed anywhere from 1/90 - 1/1000s. So it couldn't have been that ALL of the photos turned out underexposed!

Has anyone encountered anything like this before? The photos that did turn out are exposed perfectly. Any idea on what went wrong?

>so I am pretty confident with my ability to expose. <

Look here first and get yourself a good light meter. If that fails, then get the camera checked out. It could be that the built-in light meter is not working as it should.

I used a grey card to expose every shot and I also have a good sekonic (sp) light meter.

As I mentioned above, it makes no sense that I didn't expose properly, because for example, the assignment asked to expose a photo for the highlights, then the shadows, and then set the exposure between the two. How is it possible that all 3 photos are completely blank?

I hope I don't have a camera problem. Crap.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back