***Film Poll***

How many of y'all shoot on film of any kind?

• Total voters

JAF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Yay, film! :boogie:

Edit: I see we're adding more info than just votes or cheers :)

I shoot mostly 35 and 120 and have a wide range of gear, from plastic toy cameras to my badass C330. Also have a 2x3 Baby Graphic that I have to finally start using, and a homemade pinhole camera made for 4x5 paper or sheet film. My other great love is instant, especially peel-apart.:heartpump:

Last edited:
I don't have a medium DSLR so I shoot 120 film (color & B&W) with my Yashica or Holga on occasion.

Several cameras, several types of film, several failures, several joy....

35mm, 120 and 4x5. Plus an occasional roll of 122.

I drive an automatic transmission car, use the remote for the TV and heat food with a microwave.... why would I still make photos with film? Understand some folks like to do it, just don't understand why.

I drive an automatic transmission car, use the remote for the TV and heat food with a microwave.... why would I still make photos with film? Understand some folks like to do it, just don't understand why.

Some people like to play golf. I just don't understand why.
Some people like to ride those twisty skateboards. I just don't understand why.
Some people like to go cross-country skiing. I just don't understand why.
Some people like skydiving. I just don't understand why.

I last shot a roll in 2012...I might shoot about 3 to 10 rolls a decade. I voted "never"

I still have my Minolta SLR, haven't used it in years

I'm never without my film kit close at hand. Black and white, landscapes, certain portraits I wouldn't even reach for the digi.
I use a digital body for birds.

digital when im feeling lazy, 4x5 when im frisky.

35mm for snap shots and 120 because

I occasionally shoot film in old Nikon and Leica rangefinders, just for the fun of it and for old time's sake. They are great street cameras.

Me.
Mostly black & white, using Ilford FP4+, but also have PanF. Mostly 35mm (bulk & boxed), some 120, & 120 rerolled onto 620 spools. I shoot some digiphotos, but mostly it's film.

Because some prefer the look of film over digital and when film has grain it has character when digital has noise it looks like crap and some people like the whole process of it even develop there own work.There is enough of it around still that my local camera shop still process film for the customers that don't do there own dev. I would take stick any day over automatic if it wasn't for traffic jams,less wear and tear,more control of the vehicle,better gas milage usually and no $4,000 tranny rebuild especially All wheel drive,replace a clutch once in a while and good to go.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back