Film Question...

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was using an old camera and I finished the roll of film... it wouldn't re-wind the film so I took it into the dark room and the only way I could get the film out was to cut it off of the film canister.
I never exposed the film to light and the film is loose in a light proof box right now.
My question is: Can a normal camera store(ie. Wolf) develop the loose film without the canister?
Or does their machine have to have the film in the canister for it to work?

I'll call them later... but I wanted to get an idea on if it would theoretically work or not...

thanks.
Chris

The labs at Wolf should have a light box and a special canister to develop it. All mini labs like Fuji, Noritsu, etc. come with these items.

KevinR said:
The labs at Wolf should have a light box and a special canister to develop it. All mini labs like Fuji, Noritsu, etc. come with these items.
ok, I'll call them... maybe they can outsource it if they can't do it in-house.

Of course that matters, that change everything, they do not true B&W in mini-labs, those machines only do C-41 films,

Jeff Canes said:
Of course that matters, that change everything, they do not true B&W in mini-labs, those machines only do C-41 films,
yeah, I guess this is just all around a bad day for me... :x

No not at all it's better, This may take a drive to SA for a pro lad that does small or dip tank B&W processing, at worse $50-60 in supply and equipment from Freestyle and you can do it yourself from now on

Good news... Wolf Camera took it... they will outsource it to their HQ and get it developed. :)

Those people that work there know me.... they know me sooo well... :lol:
We go in there with the weirdest things, there's a new girl... she has yet to find out... :lol:

Anyplace that can do 120 should be able to do it. 120 and 220 that is run through an E6 or C41 machine is separated from the lightproof backing and put in a lab cannister. With the cannisters I've seen the film just sits inside, so there shouldn't be any problem loading it with a roll of 35mm.

If they are putting it on reels to process it they have to get it out of the cannister anyway.

Find a place that out sources their B&W Developing and they'll be able to do it.

I hope it all turns out well!! :)

Most reactions

Back