film questions

Another Nikon/Canon war. I love it!

FE's and FE 2's have aperture priority and metered manual. The FA adds shutter priority and program. All take a 3fps motor drive. From what I've been seeing, though, you can get a N90s for the same price or less.

BTW, you can get into MF in a pretty nice way for about $200 or so.

thanks for all the recommendations in your prior post.

this may be a dumb question, but assuming i were to get a medium format body, would i be able to get the negatives developed at a drug store like i would a typical roll of film? i really have no clue how medium format stuff works

I'm not meaning to hijack this thread as the question is relevant for the OP too but...

Would you guys suggest absolutely getting a MF system before 35mm, or jumping in at the deep end (MF) if we like to shoot landscapes?

There are no absolutes. Take a look at both kinds and choose for yourself. MF isn't the "deep end" in any way that I can think of. Film and development is a little more expensive is the only thing and not nearly as many stores carry it - which kinda answers goodoneian's question too. Also - the drug-store is exactly who I use to develop for MF (tho I haven't used MF/LF in years and years). Long long ago most or all 1-hour photo shops needed to send out for MF development so they were same as drug-stores in that regard.

Most reactions

Back