Film Recovery

darin3200

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
friedrichsphotography.com
I was taking some pictures in the snow and when I got done I went to rewind the film back into the cartidge. However, my fingers were numb and a little to much pressure was applied even though the film was stuck. The film got ripped off the spool. I took the camera to my darkroom and took the film out of the camera and put it into a black film canister wrapped in a giant black sweatshirt.

Will anyplace be able to develop the film like this, or should I put it back into a cartridge?

Do the take apart the canister plan and take it to the photo lab. They should be able to develop it for you anyway. I've done the same thing myself a few times and haven't had any trouble getting it hooked up. I even had it snap in the camera and they've retrieved it before.

Shouldn't be a problem for them as the first thing they do when developing it is pop it out and spool it anyway. They'll just have to do it as two small films!

Rob

All of the 1 hour labs I managed had a dark box and special canisters for something like this. On occasion, they take in film that they cannot retreive the leader, so they need a way to take it out of the cannister and develop it. They used to have to do this with the old 110 and 126 films. Am I dating myself with that last part? :)

Most reactions

Back