Film Scanners... Minolta Scan Dual IV?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by CiNoRi, Feb 13, 2006.

1. CiNoRi

CiNoRi TPF Noob!

I know we all love digital photography but I was kinda hoping to find someone out there who remembers the old days [​IMG]

Last week a purchased a film scanner in order to hang on to all my shots from the pre-digital days!
    I was very excited. I have been wanting to do this for years!

Well I get the Minolta Scan Dual IV (it came highly recommended)
    I ran my first black and white film strip into it and it came out pixilated and very high contrast.

Then I tried a color negative.... And that was even worse!
    Everything was green and VERY pixilated! [​IMG]

Has anyone had experiences like this with scanners? Or by chance know anything about this one in particular?

I know using a film scanner you have to teak the images a bit, but is this normal to have it that out of whack? I have been fighting with this for the last few days and no mater what I do it doesn't get better. ;-(

I have a feeling this one is DOA.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks guys!!!

2. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    There are various settings that can affect the scan, so learning what each does is important.

I don't have experience with that model. What software are you using for it? I used VueScan back when I was scanning negatives with my Acer Scanwit 2720s. It was so much better than the software that came with it.

3. CiNoRi

CiNoRi TPF Noob!

Yeah I have tried both 3rd party and the software that came with the unit :-(