mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4qyo4ft.jpg

Yes I know the color balance isnt the same but I didn't notice it at the time I put them together. More shots from the old days.

Thanks Jeff.... sorry guys I forgot my website wont hotlink

Yeah it wasn't really meant to be that... I stuck a couple to gether to save space on my wobsite.

I thought they were interesting as a film/digital combo thing. Of course the composition is all wrong but her Mom liked them well enough to pay for them.

After trying to shoot my wifes cousins wedding from the sidelines with film, I have to say I wouldn't like to shoot a white dress ever again! Way too much work dodging & burning prints! :lol:

You did a good job on the exposure though! :thumbup: What lighting did you use? I can only see one shadow direction & I presume you also used some kind of fill flash?

Also did you use a seperate light meter for these or the in-cam meter?

Actually they were shot with a single overhead direct flash unit. No bounce at all and no fill light. The lights were mounted in the ceiling at that time. The meter was a singer stroble meter. I still have it and used it yesterday.

The single direct light always gives the subject much better contrast. I know direct light isn't in fashion but when used at a far enough seperation from the subject it is very good safe lighting.

The shot came from the days when color was whatever the lab said it was. I scanned this negs so it was a lot of color correcting and I just got tired of it.

By the time I realized I was bored and wanted to go back to work most of my negatives had been trashed. All the ones on my website are either from the retro camera series or just happened to be in a file cabinet I forgot to clean out years ago. This is part of the old file cabinet. Just for the heck of it I'm going to post another one from the old file cabinet that is purely a gun for hire shot.

6bwu64g.jpg

This is another one of those shots made just for money. I was nothing special at all but you might be interested in knowing there was no fill light at all to the best of my recollection it was all sunshine and exposure for her face

could have been anything. It was gb so the film would have been what I could buy cheap. I'm going to shoot a bunch of test portraits tomorrow and i will be using film refrigerated since i closed the studio so It might show up tomorrow... or not.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back