Film SLR suggestions...

Well, I "accidently" won another old Pentax, a P30T, I still want a K1000 though, they aren't nearly as easy to acquire!

OH! My GOD! Skid. I don't know how to say this but you're showing the classic symptoms of, how do I put this. You've got G. A. S. (Gear Acquistion Syndrome) Excusing intentional purchases as mere twists of fate. Justifying one purchase to support another future one. Not being merely satisfied with perfectly operational gear already in your possession. My God, man! Get a grip on yourself. Before you completely loose your senses. It's not too late. Put all of that gear in a box. Renounce your obsession and ship it all to Christopher A. Walrath in care of Man . . .

OH! My GOD! Skid. I don't know how to say this but you're showing the classic symptoms of, how do I put this. You've got G. A. S. (Gear Acquistion Syndrome) Excusing intentional purchases as mere twists of fate. Justifying one purchase to support another future one. Not being merely satisfied with perfectly operational gear already in your possession. My God, man! Get a grip on yourself. Before you completely loose your senses. It's not too late. Put all of that gear in a box. Renounce your obsession and ship it all to Christopher A. Walrath in care of Man . . .

But, but, I thought I had to keep buying this stuff to "win" ?

OK, I'm glad I now have a place to get rid of it when I'm done!

But, but, I thought I had to keep buying this stuff to "win" ?

OK, I'm glad I now have a place to get rid of it when I'm done!

:lmao:, Don't listen to him, he is in the advanced stages GAS....

My mailbox is always open to orphined equipment :D

But never orphin equipment before you use it....

Well, I "accidently" won another old Pentax, a P30T, I still want a K1000 though, they aren't nearly as easy to acquire!

The K1000 is amazingly still popular even after decades old design. From the mind of many pentax shooters, it is one of the best (not necessarily the most advanced) cameras with the Pentax branding. It is its popularity that makes it difficult to acquire at times. Mine (K1000 SE) was purchased CLAd in near mint condition from a local camera shop.... there are times that camera shops are the best option (but sadly a disappearing option). An old but cosmetically mint K1000 is one of the few cameras I'd actually spend a little money to get CLAd. I kinda think of it as the Leica M3 of the Pentax line.

I would just stick to what you have already acquired and start taking pictures. If you still want a K1000, just keep money saved in pocket until the right opportunity.

G.A.S.... ??? I'm the Chronic G.A.S. Advocate. hehehe lol. Yeh... I collect cameras so that is a personal issue of mine.

If the K1000 proves difficult to find maybe an MX might be easier; this is also fully manual and a very nice camera.

Most reactions

Back