Film Spec Comparison

Discussion in 'Film Discussion and Q & A' started by wishbone_17, Feb 18, 2008.

1. wishbone_17

wishbone_17 TPF Noob!

I am actually taking a few steps back and starting to shoot film again for fun and such. I just bought a Canonet QL-17 and wanted to know about film stocks. I have shot film for years but stuck mainly with Kodak and within Kodak mainly used T-Max and Portra VC. That said, I wanted to know if there is a website that shows samples of the look of different film stocks and compares them to one another.

I am interested in shooting some Fuji and Ilford primarily. I know what most Kodak film looks like but would love to see them compared with similar stocks that have similar specs.

I have a feeling a website, or maybe several smaller ones, will have the info I need. Just not sure where to look first.

2. wishbone_17

wishbone_17 TPF Noob!

I am bumping this thread hoping to get some sort of response to it. Surely someone knows a site.

3. ThomThomsk

ThomThomsk TPF Noob!

I assume you have Googled already, but not found anything. I don't know of any website that does what you describe, but I wonder whether it would be worth subscribing to APUG so you can get access to the galleries. You will fine images there made with every kind of film you can imagine.

4. Coldow91

Coldow91 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
  5. wishbone_17

wishbone_17 TPF Noob!

Thanks.