Film to Digital

prodigy2k7

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What is the simplest, easiest way to convert film to digital, does walgreens easil do this? or target? any normal digital files. Also, how does it work? Nagative -> Picture -> Digital File
or... Negative -> Digital File
etc...

I just had three roles made into CD's. Only $2 each and I have nice digital files that are ready for PS, etc... BTW, I used Target, but I think everyone does them.

What is the simplest, easiest way to convert film to digital, does walgreens easil do this? or target? any normal digital files. Also, how does it work? Nagative -> Picture -> Digital File
or... Negative -> Digital File
etc...
By 'Picture' do you mean print? If so, then then probably not that way.

Just about all 'drug store' labs are now digital. This means that the film is developed then scanned by the machine. Prints are made from the digital file. If you choose to order a CD at that time, those files are burned onto a disc for you. If not, the files are discarded. At least that's how I understand it to work.

If you take in a negative, they will probably scan it for you and give you the resulting file. I'm not sure if this can be done on the normal machine as it is probably set up to work with rolls of film, rather than cut negatives. They might have to use a separate scanner.

If your local 'drug store lab' can't do it...or can't do a good job...any good quality lab should be able to do this for you.

-------------

Last edited:
don't do prints from your negatives to scan them, that is an additional step to lose quality. just scan the negatives in a dedicated film scanner.

Most reactions

Back