Film Types

vonDrehle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've always used Kodak All Conditions 400 film. I've been happy with the results but sometimes the colors are duller than I would have hoped. I bought some Kodak High Definition 400 film to try this weekend. But I'm only doing a guess and check method with my film choices right now. Also I was wondering what would be good for near night/night shots.

I currently only have my camera (Canon Elan 7ne), a 28mm-105mm lens, and a tripod so if you know any other equipment that could help me that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.

I don't really care about what brand it is. Just wondering what type would be best for near night and better color.

FWIW Kodak 400HD is probably the film that I have had the worst results with. Kodak Gold 100 can give good results as does Kodak UC100 and Fuji Reala 100, if you want more saturated colors then you might go for something like Porta 160VC or Fuji NPC. Of course there are many other options.

Dave

I would go for a 100 speed film. You aren't going to be hand-holding pictures that time of day anyway, so higher speed doesn't really help any. I think you will get less grain and better color with a slower film.

Most reactions

Back