Filming a wedding with another photo company who are very...intrusive?

Photographers were in the wrong, you always let video guys do their thing.

But yeah next time, pre-game and come up with ground rules.
**** the video guys photographers are tops

Top ****'s. Photography is easy compared to video.

Neither are easy, but there's a lot more that can go wrong with video.

Yeah, and it's always audio related.

We had terrible audio issues at a wedding last month. There was so much cracking. It was all fuzzy and cutting in and out. There's no way we can fix it all the way.

Fortunately, it was only the Governor's daughter getting married so no big deal :'(

We had terrible audio issues at a wedding last month. There was so much cracking. It was all fuzzy and cutting in and out. There's no way we can fix it all the way.

Fortunately, it was only the Governor's daughter getting married so no big deal :'(

Lol I hear ya. I've learned that you need to spend as much on audio equipment as you do cameras. A $50 lav mic ain't going to cut it. Recently I've been going through the trouble of setting up a mixing board and recording audio to a dedicated recorder rather than using the camera's mic inputs.

Lol I hear ya. I've learned that you need to spend as much on audio equipment as you do cameras. A $50 lav mic ain't going to cut it. Recently I've been going through the trouble of setting up a mixing board and recording audio to a dedicated recorder rather than using the camera's mic inputs.

Yup, we do that too. I don't know exactly what the problem was, because it has mysteriously disappeared. We've never had major problems with audio until that wedding.

What a pain in the ass.

Yup, we do that too. I don't know exactly what the problem was, because it has mysteriously disappeared. We've never had major problems with audio until that wedding.

What a pain in the ass.

I'd like to think that some day in the far flung future man will have finally figured out how the black art of audio recording works.

The company I work for was only hired to do cinema at the last wedding I did, and the couple hired a separate company to do photography.

At this point my boss and I are simply trying to contain our laughter.

We just couldn't help but laugh because neither of us can envision a world where these pictures don't completely suck.
That was a serious mistake about sharing the space with some other company.

(edit) o.k., not a mistake to share, but a mistake to not communicate.

Hardly a laughing matter.

I presume you've reviewed your contract by now.

Last edited:
The company I work for was only hired to do cinema at the last wedding I did, and the couple hired a separate company to do photography.

We just couldn't help but laugh because neither of us can envision a world where these pictures don't completely suck.

I don't see the fact that some other company was hired to do the still as an issue; the issue was in not ensuring a pre-shoot planning meeting with them. I've done a lot of work where I'm doing stills and someone else is doing video. I always ensure we meet beforehand and discuss our respective plans. I tell them what my shooting plan is and ask what theirs will be, discuss 'who goes first when', relative positions, etc. I've never had a problem with it.

(edit) o.k., not a mistake to share, but a mistake to not communicate.

I don't see the fact that some other company was hired to do the still as an issue; the issue was in not ensuring a pre-shoot planning meeting with them. I've done a lot of work where I'm doing stills and someone else is doing video. I always ensure we meet beforehand and discuss our respective plans. I tell them what my shooting plan is and ask what theirs will be, discuss 'who goes first when', relative positions, etc. I've never had a problem with it.

Again, we did not know until the photographers showed up that they would even be there.

In our contract, the couple ordered full ceremony coverage and a 3-4 minute wedding highlight video. They told us that they didn't want photographers. I suppose they decided against that before the wedding and didn't tell us.

Our contract does always state that we shall be the sole cinematographers employed at the wedding, and we will have priority over any other videographer at the wedding. It does not state anything about photographers; I will have to ask my boss about that.

So these two camera-toting gals showed up wearing hooded sweatshirts, with the name of their photo "company" emblazoned on them? You mean like the moms who hope to earn part-time cash, and who shoot local high school sports events in my local area wear? With the name of their web-based business in high-contrast letters written on the BACKS of their sweatshirts? So THAT is the caliber of the photographers who got hired to shoot the wedding? Ones who would wear ADVERTISING-laden, wildly inappropriate clothing to shoot a wedding in?

So these two camera-toting gals showed up wearing hooded sweatshirts, with the name of their photo "company" emblazoned on them? You mean like the moms who hope to earn part-time cash, and who shoot local high school sports events in my local area wear? With the name of their web-based business in high-contrast letters written on the BACKS of their sweatshirts? So THAT is the caliber of the photographers who got hired to shoot the wedding? Ones who would wear ADVERTISING-laden, wildly inappropriate clothing to shoot a wedding in?

That is correct!

nobody hangs a DVD of their wedding on the living room wall.

But that dvd is kept within arms length in the nightstand next to the bed and viewed every time I'm home alone and.....................Wait.
Carry on people. Nothing to see here. I hate cross forum typing. :(

I had already been there for and hour and a half filming these guys clean some guns (it was that kind of wedding).
o_O:tapedshut::tapedshut::laughing:

Most reactions

Back