films

von5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am looking to photograph some portraits, But I am wondering which colour film would be best to use to achieve a bold, colourful and saturated photographs.

Kodak Portra is great for skin tones but I wouldn't say its a saturated film. Maybe some Fuji Pro 400 H or if you want to shoot slide film, Fuji Velvia 50.

I agree on Ektar, not the ideal portrait film but it will provide all your asking. It is very sharp film with good glass. You can bring down the saturation in the skin if it's too strong while scanning. Agfa Vista is pretty saturated too but not as sharp as Ektar when using good glass.

What format? Much of what you're after is a matter of post-processing. I'd opt for Portra over what's left of Fuji's pro films. Still, plain vanilla Superia 200 isn't disappointing.

Forgot about Ektar :048:

E100VS is what I would recommend if you want that saturated look. But that will be hard to find. Unless you look at my house. What I have is years past exp though. I think I am going to shoot some of it soon. Need to order some chemicals to process it (and some already exposed).

6x9 ektar

073-XL.jpg

077-XL.jpg

Gotcha. I misread "forgot" as "forget."

Most reactions

Back