filter advice

bof.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
im going on a 5 day canoe trip over thanksgiving(canadian) weekend and i was wondering what filters would bring out the leaf colours best? thanks for your help in advance!

bof

Circular polarizer would be bonzo!

Bonzo, btw, is a very technical photography-like term. Be sure to try to use it in any conversation with professional photographers. :thumbup::mrgreen:

Circular polarizer would be bonzo!

Bonzo, btw, is a very technical photography-like term. Be sure to try to use it in any conversation with professional photographers. :thumbup::mrgreen:
haha thanks thats what i was looking at, im looking at a used deal with a hoya circ pol a hoya uv (0) an 18-55 nikkor and a 55-200 nikkor for only 200 but i have to find the cash... to me that deal would be bonzo... what do you guys think?

Agree with CP. You might consider a Grad ND in case you are shooting sky over horizon ...

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Ahem. Please phrase your response in degrees of BONZO.

Thank you.

God the nerve of some people. :lol:

Oooooops .....

Not sure if the bonzo grad ND is still available ...

Oooooops .....

Not sure if the bonzo grad ND is still available ...

Bonzo grad ND filters are highly available.
I actually need to get one, thanks for reminding me.

my grad ND is Cokin -- far from bonzo, I'm afraid

i think it should not only be the word of the day... it should also win this months photo challenge

Also be aware that there is the danger of water splashing onto the front of your lens. A lens hood won't provide a great deal of protection against this (due to the big hole in the front), so a UV filter (fairly cheap) will help keep the front lens element in, uh... BONZO condition.

i think it should not only be the word of the day... it should also win this months photo challenge

:lol: I should take a picture of a roadsign and photoshop it so it says bonzo and login as someone else and nominate it. :lol:

Also be aware that there is the danger of water splashing onto the front of your lens. A lens hood won't provide a great deal of protection against this (due to the big hole in the front), so a UV filter (fairly cheap) will help keep the front lens element in, uh... BONZO condition.

:thumbup: Ten points! (also I agree)

BTW... they also sell water-proof bags that go over your camera and allow you to still take pictures. They are pretty cheap compared to some of the uber solutions, and may be well suited. 'course as long as you're not going white-water rafting, this may be overkill.

I'm actually planning to go on a fishing trip soon and am actually going to use a smallish dog leash as a tether for my camera... a little harder for you since you'll be 3' off the water and I'll be more like 8-10, but still something to consider.

Gotta be sure your bonzo water trip isn't ruined by a nasty "oh no!" <splash> "@#$)(@#$()@!!!"

:lol: I should take a picture of a roadsign and photoshop it so it says bonzo and login as someone else and nominate it. :lol:

:thumbup: Ten points! (also I agree)

BTW... they also sell water-proof bags that go over your camera and allow you to still take pictures. They are pretty cheap compared to some of the uber solutions, and may be well suited. 'course as long as you're not going white-water rafting, this may be overkill.

I'm actually planning to go on a fishing trip soon and am actually going to use a smallish dog leash as a tether for my camera... a little harder for you since you'll be 3' off the water and I'll be more like 8-10, but still something to consider.

Gotta be sure your bonzo water trip isn't ruined by a nasty "oh no!" <splash> "@#$)(@#$()@!!!"

trust me already lost one nikon in the drink, we're keeping it in the food barrel so it wont get screwed if i see a pic i want to take we'll crack er' open snap the shot seal er' back up... little risk

Most reactions

Back