Filter for stretching

jakovn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is there a filter that can produce effect of stretching photo in one direction
For example the photo has the normal height, but only portion of the horisontal view is stretched to the full resolution

simething like mocup at http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8952/effect.jpg

Maybe just load a picture into a program and stretch it out manually by selecting the picture. You could do this easily in Word even. (That supports pictures)

Never heard of anything like that... Kind of a strange thing to do to a photo... but that's your decision...

I need at at full sharpness!
I know there are some anamorphic lenses that stretch the image for cinematic purposes... but maybe there is something similar with cylindrical lenses that provide longer stretching effect

I know there are some anamorphic lenses that stretch the image for cinematic purposes...

Any lens that does what you describe would be an anamorphic lens. While these can be very high quality, they are extremely difficult to design and manufacture. One that would deliver the type of sharpness that we've come to expected from $400-800 DSLR lenses would easily cost as much as a car.

I know there are some anamorphic lenses that stretch the image for cinematic purposes...

Any lens that does what you describe would be an anamorphic lens. While these can be very high quality, they are extremely difficult to design and manufacture. One that would deliver the type of sharpness that we've come to expected from $400-800 DSLR lenses would easily cost as much as a car.

DSLR, I thought this was the film section.

Try this. I know it's for home theater but it might give you a staring point.
DIY Anamorphic Lens

but this might be better.
owyheesound anamorphic optics

Good luck and post some pics soon.

Most reactions

Back