filter help

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by sabenemmons, Jul 31, 2004.

1. sabenemmons

sabenemmons TPF Noob!

I am going to try to do a few (hundred) potraits of my girlfriend partly for her senior photos and partly to work on my portfolio. She is a very beautiful girl but she is very selfconsious (probable not spelled right) about her freckels. I dont know much about filters but i have heard that with the right filter (on b+w film) you can reduce the sight of freckels. any ideas would help alot. I will be posting some of her photos soon.
    also any good film developing companys would be great.

2. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    With BW, if you use a filter that is the same color as the freckles they should lighten. Be aware that anything that is the opposite color of the filter will darken. A red filter would lighten reddish freckles, but also reduce lip contrast, reddish make-up, and darken anything green and cyan (sky blue).

3. Bosscat

Bosscat TPF Noob!

Tell her not to worry about her freckles......look at Angie Everhart....alot of photos show her freckles......and it has not hurt her career.

4. Bob_McBob

Bob_McBob TPF Noob!

However, the good thing about black and white film is that when you use filters that way, you can also use strange colours of make-up that *will* show up well. Green make-up may look pretty ugly, but you sure won't see that in the final product! Of course, convincing your girlfriend to wear it is another matter ;).