Filter Poll

Which type of filter do you prefer???

• Total voters

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Alright so I posted a filter question earlier, and got some good response. But am still torn between drop in or screw in filters. Sooooo here's a poll to see what you all think is better.

Better? A good dop in filter is probably better than a cheap screw in. A good screw in is better than a cheap drop in. Both have varying quality depending on manufacturer. I personally use Cokin mainly because of cost and flexibility.

Sorry better is not a sufficient word, what I was looking for was personal preference :wink:

For general photos I guess I prefer the screw-in types. For landscapes and static types of shooting I think a good quality drop in is better. Particularly if you want to use a ND Graduated filter.

Cokin are a good balance between quality and price. If you have the money Singh-Ray filters are excellent.

So here's another question. They make special filters for black and white film right??? So what happens if you use a film for color on black and white...such as a polarizing filter???

Polarising filters work with colour and to a limited extent (OK Motcon! a reasonable extent... OK. OK - the same extent) on b&w. If you put B/W contrast filters (yellow, green, orange, red et al) on for colour work you just get a yellow, green, etc. image on your colour film.
Other colour filters like UV or colour correction have little or no effect on b/w film - they just reduce your exposure.

Most reactions

Back