Filter spectrums

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Skaperen, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Skaperen

Skaperen TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Years ago I had a book from Kodak that provided charts of spectrums for lots of different filter types. It would show me the wavelength cutoff of filters such as type 12 and 15 for example. It had charts for many dozens of them. Over the years, and moving through 3 states, that book has disappeared. I've been looking online for similar data, but have so far been unable to find anything (not even at Kodak's site).

Has anyone seen anything like that around?

2. Pgeobc

Pgeobc TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
  3. Skaperen

Skaperen TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    That search basically gave me the same thing as I found on Amazon. The book I had back in time was not about how to use filters. It was just describing the technical aspects of filters at a scientific level. It was page after page of graphs and charts. It did have a few photo samples, but it was definitely not a how-to-use book.

4. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
  5. Skaperen

Skaperen TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I've found some more information, although still not all of what I'm looking for. I'm really just looking to get the cut-off wavelength for several of the filters, not buy a book, so I can pick a filter or two to buy.

Amazon.com: Kodak Filters For Scientific And Technical Uses (9780879850296): Kodak: Books ... This may be the book I had, but without seeing the cover I can't be sure

Frequently Used Filters for Black & White and Wratten number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ... lists of filter numbers (Wratten)

An atlas of absorption spectra ... This book has lots of spectra, but no filter numbers and the rendering is not so good

Reflected infrared photography: Filters and Fluorescence Photography - Ultraviolet induced fluorescence: Filters ... These pages do have spectra for some infrared filters and a few others