Filter's everyone should have?

Question, do you guys leave your lenses attached to the camera body when you store the camera, or should the lens always be removed in storage?

If I'm traveling with 5 lenses and 2 bodies, I take the lenses off, but it's a matter of space. Usually I travel with 4 lenses, in which case both bodies have lenses on them.

Personally i don't have any for effects or protection i don't want to put a £50 filter on the end of £1000 + lenses

But what about those dogs with extra long and thin noses? I mean a lens hood is all well and good - but when those nose goes inside the hole well......

Its one thing I worry about should I get my fingers onto one of those big 300mm+ L range lenses - will the husky try to put her nose through the hood!

But what about those dogs with extra long and thin noses? I mean a lens hood is all well and good - but when those nose goes inside the hole well......

Its one thing I worry about should I get my fingers onto one of those big 300mm+ L range lenses - will the husky try to put her nose through the hood!

The 300 has got a protection lens on the end, filters fit near where it joins the body and they are expensive

I really don't like protection filters as in an accident they may actually cause more damage. They can get stuck and require a filter wrench to remove. Which, as per Murphy, you'll never have with you when you need it.

With Photoshop, effect filters have very little value to me.

Most reactions

Back