Filters, Lenses, Tripods

JeannetteK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
gracioussunphotography.photoworkshop.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do you have filters, lenses, and tripods?
How often do you use them?
When do use these when taking a photograph?

I have 3 filters....clear, grey and rose (I think those are the right color names)

For lenses I have 2 of them. One is a 0.5X wide angle lens with macro. Second is a 2X telephoto lens.

Also, have a table top tripod and a 52" tripod

What??? I take it you are not shooting with an SLR?

I always use a lens when I take a picture, would be hard without one. Tripod, if I am shooting a landscape or other lower light conditions. I don't usually use anything except UV filters.

Lenses:
18-55mm F/3-5.6

Just getting ready to order:
70-200mm F/4L
24-70mm F/2.8L
100mm F/2.8 Macro

My first digital was a Fuji Z1.

July 3, 07 I just got a Canon S3 IS. I probably won't be ready for a SLR for a little while. In the meantime I have to deal with what I do have.

Thank you for your input.

What??? I take it you are not shooting with an SLR?

I always use a lens when I take a picture, would be hard without one. Tripod, if I am shooting a landscape or other lower light conditions. I don't usually use anything except UV filters.

Lenses:
18-55mm F/3-5.6

Just getting ready to order:
70-200mm F/4L
24-70mm F/2.8L
100mm F/2.8 Macro

I didn't mean to come off as rude, if I did. Most of the people on here shoot with SLRs or Rangefinders or the like. Not too man P&S people on here, although there are some. It is just a weird question to be asked if you use lenses, because you have to to take the shot. You are using a lens, just with different adapters to suit it to a specific purpose.

I did not take it as rude. I'm new to the site and didn't realize it was mainly SLR and Rangefinders. Once I find another job I hope to get a SLR but for now I'm stuck with the Canon S3 IS. I'm here to learn as much as I can about photography.

For some reason this site is super slow for me and I have wireless internet. So, I have not been able to get the full help of the site yet.

I shoot mainly landscapes on film with a medium format (fairly heavy) or 35mm cameras so I use a tripod for most of my shots to cope with the slow shutter speed required to get the maximum depth of field.

I also use filters: mainly polariser (to saturate colours), neutral density graduated filters (to decrease the brightness of the sky) and a warm up filter (to reduce blue overcasts). I believe that apart for the polariser filter, most filter effects can be achieved on a digital picture in post-processing using Photoshop or a similar software.

Thank you!

I shoot mainly landscapes on film with a medium format (fairly heavy) or 35mm cameras so I use a tripod for most of my shots to cope with the slow shutter speed required to get the maximum depth of field.

I also use filters: mainly polariser (to saturate colours), neutral density graduated filters (to decrease the brightness of the sky) and a warm up filter (to reduce blue overcasts). I believe that apart for the polariser filter, most filter effects can be achieved on a digital picture in post-processing using Photoshop or a similar software.

I'm an ex-prosumer user myself, only just changed to DSLR

I always carried a polariser (infact still do)- Hoya Pro 1 D as it avoided vignetting

I also used an 4x ND filter occasionally for slowing waterfalls etc

simon

I have a crap UV filter...dont' really use it much...
my lenses are in my sig...I only really use the 50...until I get a 100mm macro and some other telephoto prime...

I love my tripod. Probably one of the best things you can buy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back