Filters

VaE39

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If you could only get 1 filter...which one would it be and why?

UV Filter, using one on every lens, will pro-long the life of your lens (hopefuly) as anything that touches the front will touch your filter instead of your lens.

If you already had the UV filters for protection then I would say circular polarisor, becuase its great for helping reduce reflections and keeping the sky blue

Circular polarizer...because it's just about the only filter that is hard or impossible to replicate with Photoshop.

If you could only get 1 filter...which one would it be and why?

Polarizer. Produces results that can not be obtained with any other mechanism.

+1 for the polarizer and my guess is that everyone will say the same. ;)

I'd buy a 77mm Polarizer and step up rings so all my lenses could use it.

Oh nice replies. I was wondering how many people would go with the UV for protection. But those polarizers are too cool

A -45dB attenuation filter for my ears so I wouldn't have to put up with people commenting about my camera in public while I'm trying to take a photo.

Quick question...when looking at circular polarizers, Say I have the 18-55mm kit lens that says 52 on the bottom. Would I have to get the 52mm circular polarizer?

Quick question...when looking at circular polarizers, Say I have the 18-55mm kit lens that says 52 on the bottom. Would I have to get the 52mm circular polarizer?

I believe the answer is YES

If you are planning to get some other lens in the future, be sure to take into account of the size of the other lens. As someone also mentioned in this thread, you can get a bigger one and step it down to fit your 52mm.

Unless you want to have one Circular Polarizer on each lens.

As for the original post, I do agree with the Circular Polarizer is my 1st choice.

Most reactions

Back