Final approach

walter23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
airplanefish-small.jpg

At this resolution the aircraft is about 10 pixels total area. You can make out engines and other details in print though.

Bravo! :thumbup:

Reminded me of 'Air France'. :)

The effects you are achieving with this lense are always and again so interesting! This photo is no exception at all! Great one! I love the framing!

Thanks for the comments. I liked how the airplane is the main subject (at least to me) even though it's so soo tiny. Just looked interesting. Here's another from the same day / place, before the jetliner showed up:

crisscross-small.jpg

Wow great shots, now I really want to go out and buy a fish eye just to see what I can do with it. Damn my lack of money ;)

Scurra said:
Wow great shots, now I really want to go out and buy a fish eye just to see what I can do with it. Damn my lack of money ;)

Two words:

zenitar & peleng

Both are under $200. Both are manual focus fisheye lenses. The zenitar is a 16mm "diagonal fisheye" and the peleng is an 8mm "circular fisheye". You can get either one in canon EOS mount (or nikon mount or pentax or...) and they function just fine (you manually select aperture on the ring and your camera meters shutter speed).

Look for ebay ID "kievcamera", he's a good guy to deal with.

i love these wideangle shots. that plane one is awesome. are your fisheye pics circles or are they like normal shots? also...what is a diagonal fisheye?

Diagonal fisheye means 180 degrees from corner-to-corner... my pictures are diagonal fisheye shots (zenitar 16mm). There is no black space on the image, like my shots.

The peleng 8mm is a circular fisheye which means the image shows up (on a fulllframe digital or 35mm film) as a circle with black space around it, like this:

http://homepage.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/Bernd.A.Brinkmann/images_sofi2001/sofi2001_8mm_1.jpg

Of course, on a digital SLR like a digital rebel, 350D, 20D, and 10D the zenitar is cropped more and the peleng 8mm doesn't show a complete circle, due to the cropping.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back