Finally back, after loss of gear.

Why? Because in the States you can carry a weapon with a permit in public. Next time someone has a knife, you have a gun, and they'll leave you alone.

Or they will take your gun and shoot you with it.

Only if you are an idiot^^^^^^^^^ and dont involve yourself in the right training so this doesnt happen. If you are going to take the responibilty of carrying a gun you better learn when and how to use it properly and yes I am a CCW holder and strong advocate for the public to arm itself but in the right way.

My goal is not to turn his thread into gun rights debate. However, if you think there is no possibility your gun will be used against you you are delusional.

Only if you are an idiot^^^^^^^^^ and dont involve yourself in the right training so this doesnt happen. If you are going to take the responibilty of carrying a gun you better learn when and how to use it properly and yes I am a CCW holder and strong advocate for the public to arm itself but in the right way.

My goal is not to turn his thread into gun rights debate. However, if you think there is no possibility your gun will be used against you you are delusional.

True. But possibilities are just possibilities. Everything we do is are just calculated risks, so you could use the same argument for pretty much any situation.

Hypothetical situations are just that - hypothetical.

Why? Because in the States you can carry a weapon with a permit in public. Next time someone has a knife, you have a gun, and they'll leave you alone.

Or they will brutally stab you and/or beat you multiple times. Not to sound too hardcore redneck, but I still believe that guns are the great equalizers.

Are you willing to take the risk? Give up the gear - or HOPE your weapon protects you? Weapon or not, 2 - 1 or 3 - 1, you might get one, but the others may jump you. Aside from that coming from a military background (5 years as a Combat Engineer) in close quarters your not going to win that battle. If your being mugged their weapons are already out and they are already within your personal space. You dont have time to get that pistol out before they land a knife in your chest or gut. One quick move and they're all over you. Thugs 1 you 0. Now your pistol is gone as well.

Or they will brutally stab you and/or beat you multiple times. Not to sound too hardcore redneck, but I still believe that guns are the great equalizers.

Are you willing to take the risk? Give up the gear - or HOPE your weapon protects you? Weapon or not, 2 - 1 or 3 - 1, you might get one, but the others may jump you. Aside from that coming from a military background (5 years as a Combat Engineer) in close quarters your not going to win that battle. If your being mugged their weapons are already out and they are already within your personal space. You dont have time to get that pistol out before they land a knife in your chest or gut. One quick move and they're all over you. Thugs 1 you 0. Now your pistol is gone as well.

OR, you give up your gear and they stab you anyways.

I'd rather have a chance, even if it's miniscule, than to have the ONLY option of becoming another victim. Who says I HAVE to raise my weapon? Just having the weapon on me is security enough.

Look; all I'm saying is that I, personally, am not going to give up my only chance of protection just because it might not help. I mean, I'm probably not going to get into a car crash today, but that doesn't stop me from wearing a seatbelt.

Last edited:
The Internet is basically the toilet of humanity, but since everyone's opinion is crap then there's nothing to lose when you put yours out there. :)

I'd rather have a chance, even if it's miniscule, than to have the ONLY option of becoming another victim. Who says I HAVE to raise my weapon? Just having the weapon on me is security enough.

Look; all I'm saying is that I, personally, am not going to give up my only chance of protection just because it might not help. I mean, I'm probably not going to get into a car crash today, but that doesn't stop me from wearing a seatbelt.

Again, but hypothetical as you say, here is the outcome.
In today’s news, a 34 year old male is in hospital being treated for stab wounds after being mugged for his wallet. The victim was able to pull out his concealed 45 Glock as he was being stabbed. The suspect is also in a local hospital and is being treated for the injuries sustained after being shot. He is facing charges of Attempted Murder, Aggravated Assault and Armed Robbery.

Three innocent bystanders were also sent to hospital after being struck by stray bullets from the attack. One person is clinging to life after one of the bullets missed the intended target and entered her upper torso severing her aortic artery. The 14 year old is not expected to survive.

All this to protect yourself because of the "If I'm going down, I'm taking him with me" mentality. Dont get me wrong, I'm a gun nut and own rifles as well as pistols, but they dont belong outside of my home, the range or the hunting grounds. Trained soldiers do this for a living, and they miss their target 100 rounds out of every 101.

I love how this whole thread suddenly side-tracked onto a discussion about the right to arm yourself... :roll:

sapper6fd said:
In today’s news, a 34 year old male is in hospital being treated for stab wounds after being mugged for his wallet. The victim was able to pull out his concealed 45 Glock as he was being stabbed. The suspect is also in a local hospital and is being treated for the injuries sustained after being shot. He is facing charges of Attempted Murder, Aggravated Assault and Armed Robbery.

Three innocent bystanders were also sent to hospital after being struck by stray bullets from the attack. One person is clinging to life after one of the bullets missed the intended target and entered her upper torso severing her aortic artery. The 14 year old is not expected to survive.

All this to protect yourself because of the "If I'm going down, I'm taking him with me" mentality. Dont get me wrong, I'm a gun nut and own rifles as well as pistols, but they dont belong outside of my home, the range or the hunting grounds. Trained soldiers do this for a living, and they miss their target 100 rounds out of every 101.

Let me come up with a different hypothetical conclusion. Oh wait, that just proves how good my imagination is.

I'm going to try and protect myself and my family. I imagine feeling helpless is the worst feeling. I'd rather not feel like that. That's that. You can come up with as many imaginary scenarios as you want to, but that's not going to change my mind.

They were using the wrong ammunition in their weapon. They have ammunition designed not to leave a the body or travel through walls.

I never said defending yourself was a bad thing, I never said I don’t defend myself, and I never said people shouldn’t defend themselves. The moral of the story is you need to pick and choose your battles and how they're fought. Being from Texas you were probably brought up with a gun in your baby jumper. That’s the culture down there. Being from Canada where our crime rates involving guns or any other weapon for that matter are next to nothing compared to Texas, carrying just isn’t needed and it isn’t even in the minds of 99.9% of the people here.

Britton is a model to look at. Even the police don’t carry and they don’t have near the problems Canada or the US does when it comes to gun crimes. No need for it, no place for it. The 2nd amendment has been taken way out of context.

I love how this whole thread suddenly side-tracked onto a discussion about the right to arm yourself...

Sorry about dragging this thread off topic TordFuglstad. I’m back on topic from here on in.

sapper6fd said:
I never said defending yourself was a bad thing, I never said I don’t defend myself, and I never said people shouldn’t defend themselves. The moral of the story is you need to pick and choose your battles and how they're fought. Being from Texas you were probably brought up with a gun in your baby jumper. That’s the culture down there. Being from Canada where our crime rates involving guns or any other weapon for that matter are next to nothing compared to Texas, carrying just isn’t needed and it isn’t even in the minds of 99.9% of the people here.

Britton is a model to look at. Even the police don’t carry and they don’t have near the problems Canada or the US does when it comes to gun crimes. No need for it, no place for it. The 2nd amendment has been taken way out of context.

Sorry about dragging this thread off topic TordFuglstad. I’m back on topic from here on in.

That's what I've tried to say all along. Just because I carry a weapon doesn't mean I'm going to use it....

It's just nice to have it there in case I do need to use it depending on the circumstances.

And back on topic.

The question I have is how am I supposed to feel safe knowing that there are people around me that are ready to open fire when "they feel threatened" - who don't have the training to recognize which situations justify deadly force and which don't, and who will most likely be so excited that they wind up shooting everything BUT their target.

And before you start claiming "I know what I'm doing, it's the other guy who shouldn't be carrying," as far as I'm concerned everyone is "the other guy". I don't know you from Adam, and I don't care to bet my life that you "know what you're doing."

rlemert said:
The question I have is how am I supposed to feel safe knowing that there are people around me that are ready to open fire when "they feel threatened" - who don't have the training to recognize which situations justify deadly force and which don't, and who will most likely be so excited that they wind up shooting everything BUT their target.

And before you start claiming "I know what I'm doing, it's the other guy who shouldn't be carrying," as far as I'm concerned everyone is "the other guy". I don't know you from Adam, and I don't care to bet my life that you "know what you're doing."

I don't know how we are supposed to answer that question for you lol.

Most reactions

Back